Summary of my problem experience with LK-7950WD

Kobra

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Dash Cam
QVIA AR790 2CH
I purchased LK-7950WD (without OBD) model from its distributor in Thailand in late 2015 and also had the cam installed by the distributor. Currently using Firmware version 2.3.

Let me share with all of you with my experience. And in order to make it short and sharp, I summarize the technical problems I found in LK-7950WD as follow:
Problem 1: Some of LED segments on the front cam do not properly display
Addtional note:
- This symptom has occurred after using around 2 months (experiences from replacing with new cam for 7-8 times during warranty period. The same problem has recurred even after sending to have the cam repaired in Korea)
- Number of problem segments would be increased after weeks.

Problem 2: Video quality of the front cam is degraded. (Obviously pixelated)

Problem 3: While in parking mode (outdoor), some video recorded with always files (3 min clips of driving mode)
Additional note:
- In parking mode under direct sunlight, motion files (10 second clips) were recorded but sometimes always files were recorded.

Problem 4: Unable to connect wifi with my smartphone when switching from parking mode to driving mode (sometimes)
Additional note:
- In order to gain the access, have to switch off and on the cam.
- Parking the car outdoor under direct sunlight.

Even now I have been still struggling with the above problems.
Please feel free to share your experience if you may face similar incidents and how to handle them?

Last edited:
No one may have experienced the same or similar problems?
I'd be glad to hear your shared experienced especially the LED segment display problem.

I have two 7950's, been using a couple of years, both have segments out, one is almost completely out and other have most segments out. I opened one up to resolder some connections but no help. Apparently just cheap displays. I tried searching to find replacement displays but no luck there either.

I have two 7950's, been using a couple of years, both have segments out, one is almost completely out and other have most segments out. I opened one up to resolder some connections but no help. Apparently just cheap displays. I tried searching to find replacement displays but no luck there either.
Thanks so much for your feedback.
So this may be assumed that it was the defect from the maker.
Actually, the distributor where I bought it offered me a replacement with QVIA AR790, but after using for a while I found that GPS fixing was a problem. It's a kind of dilemma I had to go back to LK-7950WD again because its GPS fixing was so fast. But I have to bear with the recurring problem of LED segment in tge future which was less serious than GPS.

Back