Sumner Heat

BlueMoonHalos

Reaction score
Country
United States
Which dash cam is best withstanding the heat of Texas Summers and still function properly? The interior of a car parked in the sun here; can reach 130°-180° Fahrenheit with in an hour. So I'm looking for one that can withstand that level of sustained heat for 8 hours.

A good camera should be able to deal with Texas, even at its most mean hotness, but you are probably not going to be able to do parking mode in a place like that.
I know there are already a few SG users in Texas that seem to get along fine, unsure about other brands, but SG are not that special cameras so others should be able to cope too.

Just dont sandwich your camera between the windscreen and a sun shield, some users have done that to return to a partly melted camera, but if you dont use such a contraption then you should have a fighting chance with a good camera.

So far my Viofo A119S V2 has been working fine in the Florida heat (almost a year now). Recently started using a custom firmware that is supposed to cause the camera to run hotter and I use a sunshade because a dashcam is cheaper than replacing the dash on my pickup. I do try to park in the shade as much as possible but even in the shade interior will hit over 100. Also have ceramic tint on everything but the windshield. I don't use parking mode, just leave it recording anytime I'm not parked at home.

Attachments

• 20190804_120610.jpg
    20190804_120610.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 20190804_120530.jpg
    20190804_120530.jpg
    354.7 KB · Views: 12
Back