Super Capacitor role - V1P MAX

Ladanow

Reaction score
Country
Egypt
Hello

I understand that the Super Capacitor acts as a battery for the parking monitor mode when there is no other source of power connected (hardware kit is not used)

So it relies on the internal charges inside the capacitor, and when any shake is detected, it will start recording for 20s.

I wanted to test that, i activated the parking monitor mode, i set the G-sensor sensitivity to highest, and i switched off the car, i waited for while, then i started to shake the car from out side, but it never started recording, i even took cam from its mount trying to shake it with my hands but it never started to record.

Is there anything wrong? or i miss understood the role of the capacitor?

I understand that the hardwire can deliver power with two modes (always on) or (on/off with car), but the capacitor should work anyway as should have enough internal charge that can do recording for 20s.

BR

Omar

The supercaps aren't intended to run the camera as such. They hold just enough power to properly close the last file when power stops. That's not enough power for recording.

A few LiPo battery equipped cams do record on battery power alone for parking purposes but most of those are problematic, and most LiPo equipped cams also only close the last file when power drops.

Phil

Hello

I understand that the Super Capacitor acts as a battery for the parking monitor mode when there is no other source of power connected (hardware kit is not used)

So it relies on the internal charges inside the capacitor, and when any shake is detected, it will start recording for 20s.

I wanted to test that, i activated the parking monitor mode, i set the G-sensor sensitivity to highest, and i switched off the car, i waited for while, then i started to shake the car from out side, but it never started recording, i even took cam from its mount trying to shake it with my hands but it never started to record.

Is there anything wrong? or i miss understood the role of the capacitor?

I understand that the hardwire can deliver power with two modes (always on) or (on/off with car), but the capacitor should work anyway as should have enough internal charge that can do recording for 20s.

BR

Omar
Hello! I'm sorry for the late reply; I'm new to this forum.

While the supercapacitor is designed to provide power during parking mode, a few factors could affect its operation.

Supercapacitor Charge Level:
  • Although the supercapacitor is intended to provide power for a short duration, supercapacitors can charge and discharge quickly, and their charge level might be influenced by factors such as ambient temperature.
Shake Sensitivity Settings:
  • The G-sensor sensitivity settings play a crucial role in determining when the dash cam starts recording in response to external forces or shakes. Please double-check the sensitivity settings and ensure they are configured to detect the level of motion you are testing.
Activation Settings:
  • Our dash cams have a built-in delay before parking mode activates. This delay is designed to prevent unnecessary recordings of minor movements. Refer to your dash cam's user manual to confirm any specified delay time and how to customize these settings.
Firmware Update:
  • Ensure that your dash cam has the latest firmware installed. We regularly release updates that address performance improvements and bug fixes. Check our website for any available firmware updates for your specific model.

Back