Supplier for B40?

Squishy

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Are there multiple manufacturers for the B40? Is that why there are so many different model names for this dash cam? Which manufacturer has the highest quality? Thanks

Hi, what makes this one the best of th best ?

Hi, what makes this one the best of th best ?

Firmware is fine-tuned by a more advanced engineer. Extra features coming soon, just got a new test firmware today.

A Super Capacitor version (no battey for high heat environments) is coming soon with other enhancements. (all details will be announced in the near future)

Many good things are set in motion for Street Guardian this year and into 2015.

Firmware is fine-tuned by a more advanced engineer. Extra features coming soon, just got a new test firmware today.

A Super Capacitor version (no battey for high heat environments) is coming soon with other enhancements. (all details will be announced in the near future)

Many good things are set in motion for Street Guardian this year and into 2015.

I live in Pennsylvania and during the summer it can climb up to 100 defrees F. Will I have to remove it from my car during the summer to prevent it from frying? Is that considered high heat? Also winter is almost here. Do I have to remove the camera when it props below freezing, since I saw that the battery shouldn't be in use when its below freezing?

You can leave capacitor based cameras in 24/7 in any condition. Battery based DashCams it's a risk at extremes and long term fluctuations

I live in Pennsylvania and during the summer it can climb up to 100 defrees F. Will I have to remove it from my car during the summer to prevent it from frying? Is that considered high heat? Also winter is almost here. Do I have to remove the camera when it props below freezing, since I saw that the battery shouldn't be in use when its below freezing?
In the hot sun, yes it's advisable to remove a dash cam with a battery. In the winter temps, as long as it doesn't get in the low single digits, it's fine to leave it in the car.

In the hot sun, yes it's advisable to remove a dash cam with a battery. In the winter temps, as long as it doesn't get in the low single digits, it's fine to leave it in the car.

Damn, thats pretty annoying. My GF has the DR32 and I dont think she removed it during the summer. But, it'll be okay as long as its higher than 9F this winter?

I don't think is a rule that you never can not keep a dashcam with battery inside during summer mounted on the windshield.
Can be luck or not and most should survive.

enjoy,
Mtz

I have left it in the heat, it just doesn't make me comfortable and it's so easy to take off and put on so safety first

I don't like to touch my dashcam. It is there to show its recordings only if needed. My car have alarm and camera is mounted in a very safe place.

enjoy,
Mtz

I agree a DashCam should be a hands off, set it and forget operation. You're just asking to miss that moment of truth when it wasn't put back on correctly.

The Street Guardian engineers know the Novatek SDK deeper than the Chinese factory guys. The SG firmware is tuned up better for night performance and other file system stability improvements. There is much more too but you know how the "secret sauce" thing goes. We were to first the have GPS for example.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V A118 (B40) 1
M A118 (B40) 10
S A118 (B40) 8
Back