Supported 64GB BRANDS ?!

Do you have problems using your 64GB SDXC ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

029kid

Reaction score
Country
Norway
I know all about the format using GUIformat fat32, but Ive tried 2 different 64GB SDXC brands, Samsung and Sandisk.

Both seemed to work, but after some days I get error "PLEASE CHECK SD CARD".
I asume this happened when the 64GB was filled up with recordings, so the SD card was not able to rewrite and therefor the error, am I right?

Therefor, for all you guys who states its working.
What kind of BRAND do you use?

I use Transcend class 10 SDHC cards. Never had an issue. Always format the card in the phone. I have only seen the SDXC cards used exclusive to APPLE products.

For dash cams, I stick with SDHC cards with FAT32. This works best for me and have never experienced "PLEASE CHECK SD CARD". I will refrain from the poll since I don't use SDXC.

Maybe a SD card guru can complete the puzzle.

You can find most things about SD cards here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital#SDXC

You can see that different card types can run at different frequencies, and that some don't handle fragmentation well. I'm guessing Sandisk fall into the latter from the benchmark testing I've tried.

It is crazy that even with all these standards out there that nothing plays well together in this day and age.

I am using Transcend 64GB micro SDXC10 UHS-I for the past 4 months without even a single problem. Also I never had to format it again during this time.
Transcend Speicherkarte 64GB .png

I personally use Sandisk memory, and always have. For my DR650GW, I'm using Sandisk Ultra Micro SD SDXC UHS-I 64GB Class 10 30MB/s.

I'm actually thinking of trying out Sandisk's new Ultra Micro SD SDXC UHS-I 128GB Class 10 30MB/s to see if that will work in my cam.

I've been a long time Sandisk user but have changed recently, too many dashcams have problems with the controller chipset they use

just tried my 64gb sandisk sdxc.... has issues. video locks up, even when it is still recording audio. tried my transcend 32gb sdhc and so far working just fine.

ordered a 64gb transcend. will get it on monday.

tried formatting the 64gb sandisk in fat32, still has lock up issues. tried my 32gb transcend and after hours and hours the video records just fine. trying a 64gb transcend tomorrow.

Same here avoid Sandisk
I'm all about Transcend and Lexar

Lately about Lexar bad reviews.
I for example, 2 memory cards Lexar - one works, the second faulty after 2 months.

acxU2.png

I have used 2 Integral 64gb cards without problem, but a Sandisk gave a 'check sd card' error once, a format on the camera restored it to working order but having lost faith in it I now use it in my phone.

Be aware there are counterfeit Samsung 64GB micro SD Cards out there. I purchased the one recommended to work with the G1WH, Samsung Micro SDXC Pro 64GB Class 10 Card. In less than two months it stopped working. None of my devices, phone, tablet, or dash cam would recognize the card and or format the card. I called Samsung technical support. They asked me to take a picture of the front and back, and to email to them. The following is Samsung's reply.

"Service Policy/Warranty for SD card, and Memory Exchange
Hi, unfortunately this micro SD, is in fact a counterfeit unit. Which means that we cannot proceed with the warranty exchange process. If you would like to compare your micro SD card with an official Samsung micro SD, please visit .
http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/memory-storage-accessories/MB-MGCGBA/AM
If you have aymore questions or issues, please feel free to email me directly or contact us at 1-800-726-7864 (SAMSUNG) and dial 1-1-4-5-2 for Samsung’s memory department. Thank you."

The most important info is on the back side of the micro SD Card. Compare the back side of your SD card with that of the photo on the Samsung site. Mine was made in Taiwan and only had one line serial number.

Just wanted to warn others that the Kingston SDXC Class 10 64GB cards have the "Please check SD card" error message in the DR650GW-2CH when they get full.

Back