surveillance type of question

Shiwarrior

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Forgive me if this is in the wrong part of the forum, but id like some help

i live with my parents, so moving isn't an option yet

I'll skip the beginning and go to the end of the story (today)

today, I want to wash car and top up my oil, so when i got doing all this,I noticed 3 (yes 3) bits of chewing gum rolled up and placed at the foot of my windscreen underneath the bonnet so you cant really see it, and unless you physically look there

so i need to try and find out who keeps doing this as it keeps happening

I have a thinkware Q800 PRO with front and rear cameras (32Gb)

Motion detection is on LOW, but the impact is on HIGH

-

I have a feeling I know who it is (my neighbor) nobody is friends with him around here, in fact i don't think he has any at all lol

we both park over the road opposite our house, i used to park in a certain spot years ago, but then he got a new job, and a van, now he parks 1mm sometimes none front of my car, so now i moved my car forward, so he now has my spot (thought that would be the end of it but its not) so many altercations between us, we've had to call the police on several occasions etc etc etc

When I check my cameras footage , i only seem to get "that morning", as its activated so much , i need to keep the day before to be able to see it

You could get a bigger memory card?
Reduce the resolution so that the card lasts longer?
Check for the issue more often?

Seems a bit silly to suggest a different camera, but low bitrate parking mode on a Viofo will record all day and all night and keep everything.

If you actually catch the culprit on video, what are you going to do about it?
The police aren't going to be interested (and he knows that), if you confront him then it will most likely start another chapter and make things worse.
You could retaliate with something worse, but do you really want to escalate the situation?
Maybe the best thing to do is accept the situation, maybe he will get bored with it after a while.
Or if they are being carefully placed, replace them with a sticky label - "No chewing gum zone.", "You are on candid camera.", "Police surveillance cameras in operation.".

You could get a bigger memory card?
Reduce the resolution so that the card lasts longer?
Check for the issue more often?

Seems a bit silly to suggest a different camera, but low bitrate parking mode on a Viofo will record all day and all night and keep everything.

If you actually catch the culprit on video, what are you going to do about it?
The police aren't going to be interested (and he knows that), if you confront him then it will most likely start another chapter and make things worse.
You could retaliate with something worse, but do you really want to escalate the situation?
Maybe the best thing to do is accept the situation, maybe he will get bored with it after a while.
Or if they are being carefully placed, replace them with a sticky label - "No chewing gum zone.", "You are on candid camera.", "Police surveillance cameras in operation.".

thanks for your reply, funnily enough, if it is my neighbor, he wont get bored, after years of abuse, hes still doing things, and we just ignore it, but he keeps going, such a low life weirdo

thanks for your reply, funnily enough, if it is my neighbor, he wont get bored, after years of abuse, hes still doing things, and we just ignore it, but he keeps going, such a low life weirdo
Get him an Xmas present, a big box of chewing gum, wrap it neatly with a merry Xmas label and leave it on his windscreen.
Can't make things worse, might solve the issue.

Get him an Xmas present, a big box of chewing gum, wrap it neatly with a merry Xmas label and leave it on his windscreen.
Can't make things worse, might solve the issue.

lol, nice idea :)

just need to prove it now

I've ordered a 512Gb sandisk A1 card, shame the endurance cards only goto 256gb

Put some wax on the target area, or better a very fine smeer of grease, might produce some funny video...

Well i strongly favor the "get even" approach, and to underline things i would not mind kicking it up a notch to make the message come across.

If there are any regularity to the event i would place a almighty firecracker on a electrical detonator under the front of the car and then wait.
A lesser version of this could be a garden sprinkler or something, though that's probably not a option this time of the year.

Should not be too hard to outwit people like that.

Well i strongly favor the "get even" approach, and to underline things i would not mind kicking it up a notch to make the message come across.

If there are any regularity to the event i would place a almighty firecracker on a electrical detonator under the front of the car and then wait.
A lesser version of this could be a garden sprinkler or something, though that's probably not a option this time of the year.

Should not be too hard to outwit people like that.
In Oxfordshire he is probably not a Viking, but if he is then Oxfordshire knows that giving them presents does not work:

"But some might say that the lesson to be learned from the English response to the Danish conquest is contained in the lines of Kipling’s poem Danegeld: “That if once you have paid him the Danegeld, You never get rid of the Dane.” "

Last edited:
Yeah once we wasent nice people at all, but sadly now we are far too nice, and so many people take advantage of that, and our society are sort of a magnet for parasites like that.
I wish we grew one if not a pair again, being a softie do nothing for you but put you at risk.

Back