Surviving the Heat

I have MSDS reports the same for our products that have batteries too, you're falling for marketing fluff though, the MSDS report is needed so you can send the product via airfreight
Presumably that test is done with the power off so is a bit irrelevant to using motion detection?

So, how does one choose? Price? Percentage of positive reviews? Specs published by the seller? A Ouija board? Comments on forums?

If I was making $50K a year, or was a tech fad junkie, I'd just buy a bunch and weed out the bad ones as they failed. I'm retired, living on a "fixed income". Throwing Ben Franklins in the basura is not an option.

In the 1980's the computer thing was young. Products were everywhere. Coleco. Nintendo. Commodore. Apple. Radio Shack. Timex-Sinclair. And forgotten brands people five years later never knew existed. There were small start-ups making peripherals for each of these. The Timex-Sinclair was a tinkerer's dream! Some of the start-ups' peripherals worked better than the name brand they hooked to. Many were simply DOA. There were computer bulletin boards, but you needed hardware to access them. The prices! For the price of a Commodore 64, you can buy two or three good, used tower PCs, today. Buying back then was a prodigious leap of faith. If, after an initial warranty period, it died, you were out of luck.

I am so grateful to all of you contributing to this discussion. Tho the added info needs digestion, it is THERE, unlike 1981, when it was like standing in the Arizona desert, listening to the wind whistle past you, with nothing to see within a whole day's walk, except sand, stones, and ankle high, gnarly little stalks.

Still. What info to trust? It is still a leap of faith. Who to believe?

I just know it's going to come down to taking a deep breath and jumping. At least I have sort of a direction to jump.

Simple answer, don't spend big bucks you don't have on a dash cam. There are plenty of good ones for easily under $100. How to pick is to list your needs, find a camera that matches them, read what others say, ask questions, keep reading, keep asking question and maybe ask for suggestions then take those and read about them. Did I mention reading? :rolleyes:

You won't find a friendlier forum so don't worry, ask anything (camera related)

It's going to be the G1W-C. Under $100 with Class 6 SD card. Spytec seems very responsive, which is huge. The capacitor goes a long way to dealing with our glorious Florida sunshine. 90 days shakedown. Definitely a good deal. If I get a year out of it, I'll be happy. Then, maybe upgrade.

Back