SUV hits cyclist on right hand turn

Oxymoron another of my favorite english words :D

I dont get why people put so much trust in other people bothering about their well being, i dont even get why Danes put so much trust in gooberment taking care of their problems when it time and time again prove that it is not able to do so.

So i can understand Brainwashed Danes being that gullible, but its a mystery to me Americans would do that same,,,, then again maybe its not them trusting others maybe its just stupid.

My favorite word is obliviot, coined by Randy Cassingham: http://www.thisistrue.com/blog-a_pride_of_obliviots.html

From the driver's perspective, I probably wouldn't have expected anyone to be trying to pass me on the right when I'm already in the right lane, and had just passed a bunch of parked cars. So I wouldn't expect to NEED to check my right mirror before making a turn.

Edit: I just looked at the street view posted earlier (wouldn't open for me last time I tried) and they definitely had a dedicated bike lane for quite some time.
That said, isn't it illegal or at least strongly not recommended to overtake on the right?

It's all about probability. If there's a high chance of something bad happening, you don't go blundering ahead anyway.

MANY accidents happen in this exact scenario. Both parties should have shown caution, but the cyclist was in the better position to assess the situation and take control. It was more difficult for the driver to be fully aware.

Yet the cyclist chose to overtake... On the inside... At a lane merge... At the approach to a junction... After watching one car turn right just a moment earlier.

Seriously, how many red flags does it take for cyclists to pause and think "hmmm, maybe being safe is more important than making 100% of achievable progress"? Because that's their problem, putting progress over their own safety. And the more of them that do it, the more that copy, the more it becomes part of cycling culture and considered normal. And the level of recklessness spirals ever higher.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

This side walk cyclist is attempting to pass a right turning pickup truck, on a bike which appears to lack brakes.

https://streamable.com/dfwtl
I see a lot of that here in the UK too. Cyclists using PEDESTRIAN crossings as if they have the rights of pedestrians. Cyclists are vehicular traffic, as they themselves keep saying. Pedestrian crossings are not designed for cyclists and it isn't safe to enter them at the speeds cyclist do (even if they did have the right to use them.)

It seem cyclists get creamed daily here, and by trucks turning Right.
And all this cuz the trucker think he is driving his little car, and cyclists do,,,,,, well what the hell they do in their little closed world.
Today a 50 year old woman died that way, creamed under a truck :eek:
There are valid reasons as to why i say i wouldn't hardly dare to ride a bicycle in today's traffic.

It seem cyclists get creamed daily here, and by trucks turning Right.

There are valid reasons as to why i say i wouldn't hardly dare to ride a bicycle in today's traffic.

You gotta wonder how that happens .. it's not as if you can't miss a Truck .. well, so long as you ride with your eyes open.
And yeah .. todays traffic is way more dangerous than in the past .. and I'm not so sure that riding bicycles on the road these days is good for you health and longevity .. well, not for everyone .. it seems.

Given today's motor vehicle traffic density and speed along with the lack of road space, it's probably best for the majority of the people to not have cyclists sharing the road. And given how poorly most cyclists are at obeying traffic laws they are going to be the main force bringing this change about :p Which says a lot about what the problem really is and who is causing it :eek: Furthering my belief is me watching cars with bicycle racks attached, most of who drive poorly which IMHO is a good thing as it helps prove Darwin's theories correct :whistle:

Phil

At least 90%of the dangers cyclists face are because they've put themselves in danger. Its really more like 99%,but let's be generous.

Eg cyclists squeezing through on the inside when traffic lights are red, to jump the queue. How did the UK government respond? They rewarded dangerous cycling by inventing bike boxes with advanced stop lines so motorists had to stop further back. Hence giving official approval to cyclists squeezing through dangerously, which they now do at every junction, whether there's a bike box or not. This year has seen a record high of cyclist deaths, and I'm certain most if not all of them are caused by the cyclists putting themselves on the inside of vehicles at junctions, though they will not come out and say it, because "it's victim blaming" they keep bleating.

Makes me sick.

You gotta wonder how that happens

Indeed, and Danish trucks are even by law ordered to have extra mirrors, and still this happen.
And its not like the cyclists are right there up against the truck, in cities here we have bicycle paths most places and they are offset and raised from the road at least with a curb.

I have myself been close to get creamed in this way but the truck only managed to flatten my 10 speed racer, i myself was too nimble and fast back then so i managed to stagger/roll clear of the truck.

People today think too much on other stuff, and the things they think off are silly things like how many liked the picture of my lunch i posted on facetwitt.
And i am quite sure the world would be a better and safer place if companies like facetwitt died, or better yet was banned by the few remaining sane people.

Indeed, and Danish trucks are even by law ordered to have extra mirrors, and still this happen.
And its not like the cyclists are right there up against the truck, in cities here we have bicycle paths most places and they are offset and raised from the road at least with a curb.

I have myself been close to get creamed in this way but the truck only managed to flatten my 10 speed racer, i myself was too nimble and fast back then so i managed to stagger/roll clear of the truck.

People today think too much on other stuff, and the things they think off are silly things like how many liked the picture of my lunch i posted on facetwitt.
And i am quite sure the world would be a better and safer place if companies like facetwitt died, or better yet was banned by the few remaining sane people.
+1

Back