Switching a hardwired F800 Pro off

GSS5

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I recently got a hardwired F800 Pro front and rear installed in my car. Great kit but the user guide here:

http://www.car-dvr.co.uk/download/files/f800pro_manual_english_20170810.pdf

Says, on page 21, that there is an "Off" setting which switches the dashcam off when the engine is off.

On my phone app on Android (latest version), I see "disabled" which means that the dashcam is not recording but is still on. I would like to have the dashcam switched completely off when the engine is off. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Hey GSS5, are you not wanting to use parking mode at all?
You should be able to disable parking mode within the Thinkware app under the Dash Cam Settings> Record Settings.
Though the device may still not power down until low voltage is detected even with the setting off; I couldn't find a direct answer on that so you may want to give it a shot if you haven't already.

When it comes down to it, you can always turn off the device manually before you get out of the vehicle.
Here's a diagram with instructions I found on the Thinkware for you.
Powering off manually

Just remember to power it back up when you get back in!
Hope this helps!

Ok I held the button for 5 seconds and it is off now! But the power consumption of my battery (I have tracker/alarm/dashcam) is not much better. How much power does the f800 pro use in mA?

I'd wager it's less your dashcam draining the power and more of one of the other items.
I know my alarm system kills my battery if my cars been inactive for a while.

I found this for you F800 Pro Product Specs it says the power consumption is:
4.2 W for a 2CH
2.9 W for a 1CH

This may of be of interest to you as well: Changing voltage settings

Thanks. The link is redundant I guess as I've done the hard power off. Second link that is.

My alarm consumes 30mA. What would 4.2w be in mA. Is 4.2 watts a lot of power being consumed?

Sorry for the n00b questions :)

Sorry GSS5, I don't have an exact answer for you as I can't find any thing regarding the exact mA from Thinkware.
However, I'm using a BlackVue DR750S which says in it's manual it averages about 350 mA ( 4.2 W at 12 V when using GPS & Wi-fi) so I presume it would be around similar to that.

4.2W will consume around 0.35A if using formula of W=I(current) x V(voltage), if the voltage is 12v.

Back