Switching out of continuous mode...

isaiah58

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a few cameras at home, from Wyze and Ring. There have been occasions with bad weather, be it wind, rain or clouds, that a camera generates many motion clips on motion the AI is supposed to ignore.

For a hardwired (including OBD-II) setup:
With the U1000, how sensitive is the logic to turn continuous mode off? For example, I park at the local Sam's. There is constant movement from vehicles and people. How does the camera know to switch from continuous to park mode? Then my current situation, the camera does not turn off, remains in continuous mode, even though park mode is not enabled? I understand any camera can have a similar issue... or have completely opposite issues. Thanks

It's all based off of ACC power. If the dash cam is receiving power from both the ACC wire then the dash cam will stay in continuous recording mode, if the dash cam receives power from only the ACC wire a then the dash cam will switch to parking mode. Obviously, it's a little bit more complex in your case as you are using the OBD-II cable vs the 3 wire hardwiring kit.

The ignition module in the OBD-II cable controls the ACC power.

@Thinkware Dash Cam thanks for your assistance, via the other thread we were communicating in.

as a update, Support is asking me to provide a copy of my receipt, even though you confirmed I will be receiving a replacement cable.

Another note, related to the current cable:
Interesting, this morning the U1000 turned on and announced going into continuous mode, when I opened the car door.

I will pay attention in case I am getting something out of my car but not putting the key in the ignition. Thanks

as a update, Support is asking me to provide a copy of my receipt, even though you confirmed I will be receiving a replacement cable.

Unfortunately, I can not bypass our Customer Support Team's warranty procedures for you. You will have to submit your receipt to the CS team. Yes, you will be receiving a new OBD-II cable.

Back