System Error Occured. System will now restart.

SomebodySysop

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have F800 Pro. I am getting this voice error: System Error Occurred! System will now restart. And, it just loops.

I have tried changing SD Cards. Turning system on/off. And, as a last resort, resetting the system. Still get same error.

Help!

This unit will need replacing i'm afraid. If it's under warranty contact your supplier...

This unit will need replacing i'm afraid. If it's under warranty contact your supplier...
That was my thought as well, but the manufacturer insisted that I try resetting and updating firmware. I tried and tried and tried resetting, but the unit continued to say "System restarting..." Then, after about a minute or so, "System error occurred, system restarting...". Out of frustration, I took out the SD card, erased everything on it, downloaded firmware from Thinkware website and copied it to card. Inserted card back into F800 and turned it on. And, it worked. I finally got "Continuous recording starting..."

A word to the wise. Try to avoid removing the SD card from unit when it is on. Also, if you telnet into Linux system, forget about trying to get it to launch your own scripts. Remounting the file system as read/write, which is necessary to do anything worthwhile, breaks the unit on restart. Learned the hard way.

Hi all.

I have the same issue with my F800 PRO.

I have tired thinkware SD card , Samsung endurance and I'm getting this bloody notification from now and then.

How can I claim a repair directly with Thinkware UK ?

I dropped then an email describing my issues including the same problem with genuine thinkware card. They advised to use thinkware card. It's not a good start [emoji53]

Indeed if you write " the problem is the same if i use my XX memory card or the thinkware card i got with the camera"
Then you do and should think "are they even reading my mail"

It is probably a language blooper, people not used to English can struggle, and cough up some really strange / funny stuff.

Indeed if you write " the problem is the same if i use my XX memory card or the thinkware card i got with the camera"
Then you do and should think "are they even reading my mail"

It is probably a language blooper, people not used to English can struggle, and cough up some really strange / funny stuff.
Nah, I precisely expressed that whatever card os there it is causing the same system error and camera is using thinkware card now. Let's wait. I was very happy with f770 but looks like its time to shop elsewhere

Nah, I precisely expressed that whatever card os there it is causing the same system error and camera is using thinkware card now. Let's wait. I was very happy with f770 but looks like its time to shop elsewhere
Messaged you...

I replied and then wrote it, didn't think you would see the reply that quick!

It's with you now

Back