T-Eye ADR3320 and motorblackboxdotcomdotau

gordon451

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi. I found youse in the Whirlpool Forums, they reckon you have all the answers :D

Anyway, I'm looking for something at a reasonable price, say Au$300-$400. I found a reference to the "ADR3320" on MotorBlackBox, then found it is the T-Eye ADR3320 on IVCS Australia. For my mind, a 120/170 degree wide angle is very attractive as it eliminates the need for side cameras.

At Au$574 (reduced from $649), is this too good to be true? (Motor Black Box sells the ADR3311 for 40% off, $395.40)

FWIW, Alibaba says the supplier is JOUTEC Co., Ltd, and the place of origin is Gyeonggi-do South Korea.

EDIT: The Joutec Teye ADR-3311(Part 3 Install & Test) Stuntcams.com comments reveal the ADR3311 unit is sold in the UK as the Roadhawk RH-R Pro.

Gordon.

Hi Gordon,

This is the first time of I heard of this dash cam.

The T-Eye ADR3320 has both lenses on the main unit, so I consider it a "taxi cam" since the rear facing lens is only useful in recording what is going on within the vehicle. You will barely be able to see what is going on outside the rear or side windows due to lighting differences. So unless there is a good reason to record the interior of your car, that is one negative of this cam.

The second negative is the resolution. It is only 640x480p. You will have difficulty reading license plates and street signs and I imagine the night quality is quite bad.

The third negative is that I could find no videos of this cam in action. There are many Roadhawk videos though. All of the Roadhawk videos I have seen have been pretty horrible due to the poor resolution. See this one here for the RH2-Pro (which I believe is the same camera), the video is very poor and choppy.

The fourth negative is the extremely high price. When I did the conversion from Australian dollars to US Dollars, I nearly fell off my chair :eek: This camera costs $600!

As for viewing angles, virtually all manufacturers exaggerate this. Usually cameras are between 95 degrees and 120 degrees. Anything beyond that would have a large fish eye effect and would be distorted.

From a specification perspective, this camera is quite similar to the X3000 which is arguably the best selling dual lens camera. It is a "taxi cam" that records at 480p (both lenses), has GPS and G-sensor. Note the price is $50!

Unfortunately there are no proven, high quality dual dash cams available today. You are better off buying 2 separate single cams. It is a much better bang for your buck. 2 Itronics ITB-100HD's would cost less than $350 and you would have full HD (1080p) for both front and rear.

Perhaps we need a thread on low quality cameras for high prices to warn people! Cameras like this one, the VC-250, the Smart Cam HD DVR, the SCI-DR200, etc.

Dash Cam Man

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all that DashCamMan, I've just ordered an Itronics ITB-100HD from "thebestservice4you" on eBay. He's slugged me US$169.99, free postage and tracking number. We'll see.

If the unit arrives/performs well, I'll look at getting a second one for the rear window. At the moment I have to learn how to hardwire the unit into the limo. I'll almost certainly wire up a second power point, or even a PP gang. It's an AE 112 R Corolla :cool:

I agree the T-Eye ADR3320 probably is overpriced, even by Australian standards. The IVCS Australia website makes it pretty clear the unit is aimed at mini-fleet operators, not personal vehicles, so they are following the time-honoured tradition of ripping off the capitalists ;)

Gordon.

Hi Gordon,

I think you made a good choice. Let us know your thoughts on the camera when you receive it.

I'm always surprised that fleet operators, police and other groups purchase such poor resolution dash cams. Perhaps they demand after sales service which makes them choose those cams.

Dash Cam Man

DashCamMan said:
Let us know your thoughts on the camera when you receive it.

In the ITB-100HD subforum.

Gordon.

Hi,

I have experience with this camera
The only thing is different is model name T-Eye ADR3300, but it's the same as ADR3320

Here is my video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAkgPdhg_NY

In 2010 it was the best 2ch dashcam i've ever met
1. Very good picture quality for 640x480 (in 2010 there were no HD dual channel dashcams)
2. Frame rate is good enough for dual channel - 15fps per each channel
3. It has LCD display on back side to show time (when you stand still) or speed (in motion)
4. It has hidden main box with USB, you can hide USB flash drive deep under your dash and even if your dashcam were stolen, you'll have your flash drive with all recordings. USB primary, SD card in dashcam is secondary storage drive.
5. 170 degrees for interior camera is good enough to see not only what's happen in your car, but also what's happen outside
6. IR remote controller to play video on external monitor, you are able to configure your dashcam by this remote too. Also you are able to see all records from both cameras and it's easy to find right record by timestamps. By the way it support PIP mode too
7. Good video quality at night,

The only issue with this dashcam in 2012-2013 is low resolution quality and high price
But it 2010 it was best dashcam for $300 (my selling price in 2010)

Now, i would suggest to consider about new model - XBlack L35HD
Huge 3.5" touch screen with intuitive menu
Dual channel HD+VGA (second camera wired)
Dual SD card (one for driving, second for parking) up to 32Gb per each slot = huge 64Gb total storage (2x 8Gb included)
Lens 148 deg.

I've tried it personally, very well built
High quality display, looks good from wide angles and bright enough to see rear camera picture on display in daylight
Very good day picture quality for HD
Good picture quality at night

The only place i've found available to purchase now is on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/X-BLACK-L35HD-1 ... 337db85ff5

p.s. no, i'ts not me selling it on ebay )

KoreanDVR said:
Huge 3.5" touch screen with intuitive menu
Huge is better maybe for TV, not dashcams. There is no reason to watch a display, but only when setting the camera. I can't imagine some stupid driver looking on the camera during driving. Of course, during some camera test at very small speed is OK, but this can be once, maybe twice, and then forget about this dangerous thing.
Look herewhy.

enjoy,
Mtz

Hi KoreanDVR,

Perhaps you can let us know why these large touch screen DVRs (usually dual cameras) are popular in Korea? There are many cams similar to the XBlack L35HD with large touch screens ( see this thread).

In many Western countries, the smaller the dash cam the better.

KoreanDVR - just because I'am selling korean dashcams, but i'am not from korean actually )
I'am not sure about korea
But I definitely know about Russia and other ex-ussr countries
This touch screen, more than actual, when you have to show to police - you are innocent, right in place where you were stopped.
It's very easy to find right record on such display using it's menu
Much easier than dashcam without touch screen, but with LCD

In case of L35HD, you can also use it's 3.5" display as backup camera, when driving reverse
Not every car has it's own backup camera and that make sense too

Of course there is no need to use display while driving
It auto switches off after some time, but you may configure it to always stay on

By the way, it's dimmensions not so huge as they may seem - 80.00mm x 38.50mm x 71.00mm
Many russian consumers don't like dashcams like FineVu or BlackVue, just because there is no screen

KoreanDVR said:
Many russian consumers don't like dashcams like FineVu or BlackVue, just because there is no screen
Maybe I understand why russians want display, because of so many incidents they want to show they have the proof. And also don't like the expensive cameras some of them because of stealing and with bigr cameras the problems are bigger.

This touch screen, more than actual, when you have to show to police - you are innocent, right in place where you were stopped.
It's very easy to find right record on such display using it's menu
But don't forget the wireless cameras and because many people have smartphones, is more easy to show the video from the smartphone screen compared to the camera even it is with touch screen. You can even go to the police car at the accident scene with the smartphone in the hands and show him the video. And the most important thing is that you can backup the video on your smartphone even you are out of the car.
The future is wireless, not touchscreen. Even I know people will prefer displays many years from now even is not the best choice.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
KoreanDVR said:
The future is wireless, not touchscreen. Even I know people will prefer displays many years from now even is not the best choice.

enjoy,
Mtz

wireless and no screen or minimal screen is a far better solution I feel than a big touchscreen, in markets where corruption is a big issue such as Russia then they like big obvious cameras to show that they are recording you, other markets this isn't the concern and being small and discrete is far more important

Hmm... I have two personal ideas about this:
1: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=565
2: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=256&hilit=deterents#p1814 I saw a lot of russian recordings. I can say I viewed hundreds and almost all accidents in the last 6 months from russian area. In many videos I saw how the camera owner is showing from outside the car that he have a dashcam. So they like to show.

But I don't understand why in Korea they are trying to show they have a dashcam and some of their latest dashcams have a very bright led to announce there is a dashcam. Is something like a parking sensor alarm. I understand that type of alarm but not the camera with bright LED.

enjoy,
Mtz

Back