T130 Firmware

Exposure values reset when the camera is turned off and on. If the exposure setting is selected - or +,
if the camera is turned off and on,
the last exposure you selected will appear in the settings,
but it will save as 0.0 when recording.
resets whenever it is turned off and on.

With all notifications and alerts turned off, the camera makes a sizzling sound at closing.

The time zone is incorrect.

Last edited:

When you update the firmware everything is reset.

You need to redo all the settings including the location

Cheers.

When you update the firmware everything is reset.

You need to redo all the settings including the location

Cheers.
I guess it was wrong.
in my country location it should be GMT+03:00. however, the time is correct when GMT 00:00 is selected.

so if I do GMT +3, the time will be 3 hours ahead.

I guess it was wrong.
in my country location it should be GMT+03:00. however, the time is correct when GMT 00:00 is selected.

so if I do GMT +3, the time will be 3 hours ahead.
Could be a software bug. As a workaround simply use the setting which gives you the correct date-time if it holds there. Which reminds me I've got to reset my cams for the DST change again.

Phil

Must be a beta. Thanks!

It's not listed on their website...
Anyway, i have made the update and i hope for some improved night picture quality.

And for the future, HDR, programably HDR for the front camera :)

I was sent test versions of the front and rear camera firmware for the T130. V1.1_0113 (front) and V1.0_0113 for the rear.

I was testing the publicly available V1.0_0104 rear camera firmware for an update video on my channel, but I was sent the two newer firmware files last night. I gathered nighttime footage for the rear camera and it looks much better than the first production rear camera firmware of V1.0_0825.

The V1.1_0113 front firmware did have one issue I discovered with the IR LEDs in "Auto" mode. When I sat in the front passenger seat, the IR LEDs went into an on/off loop again. I've been sent a debug firmware to help diagnose that issue.

The V1.1_0113 front firmware did have one issue I discovered with the IR LEDs in "Auto" mode. When I sat in the front passenger seat, the IR LEDs went into an on/off loop again. I've been sent a debug firmware to help diagnose that issue.

In previous testing, I detected a similar result.

In my case, it only happened when the IR LEDs were at the point of - not enough light so turn on - and then straight after enough light so turn off. It kept cycling through this process. By decreasing the light only slightly, made it stabilise.

I think the thresholds are too tight. It is common on CCTV infrared cameras. In CCTVs you can hear the IR filter switch in and then switch off. When I view the video I noticed the filter being turned on and off. Once the light changed further the CCTV camera would stabilise in that setting.

If @viofo alter the on-off light intensity value it will stop.

Exposure values reset when the camera is turned off and on. If the exposure setting is selected - or +,
if the camera is turned off and on,
the last exposure you selected will appear in the settings,
but it will save as 0.0 when recording.
resets whenever it is turned off and on.

With all notifications and alerts turned off, the camera makes a sizzling sound at closing.

Are the errors in the above an application error or a firmware error?

I would tell you, but I did not have such problems on any of the firmwares used.
I tried the exposure setting several times. For example I'm doing -2. the image becomes dark. Then when you turn the camera off and on, the image returns to 0.0. but it sees it as -2 in settings.

I tried the exposure setting several times. For example I'm doing -2. the image becomes dark. Then when you turn the camera off and on, the image returns to 0.0. but it sees it as -2 in settings.

I noticed a"glitch " with the way the Viofo app works.
When in settings the camera goes back to record mode but you can still edit settings. What happens is it appears to work but when you exit the app and then go back to check settings you'll find it didn't save the settings.
The T130 will announce it has started to record while you are in settings which is a hint it won't save because it effectively has gone onto record mode.

This setting was saved without a problem.
This is with the latest release firmware.

DaZ1Tljl.png

Edit: Fixed image load.

Last edited:
I noticed a"glitch " with the way the Viofo app works.
When in settings the camera goes back to record mode but you can still edit settings. What happens is it appears to work but when you exit the app and then go back to check settings you'll find it didn't save the settings.
The T130 will announce it has started to record while you are in settings which is a hint it won't save because it effectively has gone onto record mode.

This setting was saved without a problem.
This is with the latest release firmware.

DaZ1Tljl.png

Edit: Fixed image load.
Saves the exposure setting at the changed setting.
Setting and recording image are compatible even when stop and start recording.
Whenever the camera restarts, the image recording is reset, but when controlled from the app, the exposure appears to be changed, as the last setting I made.

That is, when I restart the camera, the setting is saved, it saves the video image at 0.0 exposure.
To understand this, you can see the difference by choosing +2 or -2 exposure value.

Saves the exposure setting at the changed setting.
Setting and recording image are compatible even when stop and start recording.
Whenever the camera restarts, the image recording is reset, but when controlled from the app, the exposure appears to be changed, as the last setting I made.

That is, when I restart the camera, the setting is saved, it saves the video image at 0.0 exposure.
To understand this, you can see the difference by choosing +2 or -2 exposure value.

I checked my settings and it has held the EV setting of -0.3 for the rear dash cam.

Back