T130 gets powered off on engine start due to power fluctation.

dev29aug

Reaction score
Country
India
I am facing a Power Off issue with the T130 Dashcam. I have the latest firmware installed, published on 27 Dec 2021. Please follow the steps below to see this issue.

Steps:

1. Power On the car so that the Cigarette Lighter port gets the power.
2. Now connect the Dashcam power adapter in the Cigarette Lighter 12v port and wait for the camera to start recording.
3. Once recording starts OR if it says to insert the memory card (if no memory card inserted), remove the power plug and instantly (within 1-2 sec) reinsert the power plug to the cigarette lighter adapter.
4. After the above step, Dashcam would restart and you would again hear the recording start to sound, just wait for 5-10sec and the dashcam goes to the power-off state.

That is rather confusing, but if I'm understanding that right, it sounds like the camera is not powered properly and not operating like it should under normal conditions.

If you cut the power off and plug it back in before it saves the file and goes to sleep, there are good chances it will get confused as it will power on, then turn off and remain at sleep even though it has power. It doesn't sound like a camera issue to me.

If there is inconsistent power at startup same could happen.

Use boot delay of 10 seconds.

I think I have seen mine do the same, does seem like something in the camera, but hard to understand why it would do it.

Like kamkar says, using a boot delay will probably hide the issue!

I had the same problem. The boot delay won't fix de issue.
Viofo România changed my camera because i thought it was a faulty one. But the second one had the same problem.
I have wired the camera through hk3-c to solve the issue.
At that time I have made a video for Viofo Romania so the explanations are in romanian but you can see the behavior. The video is below.

That is rather confusing, but if I'm understanding that right, it sounds like the camera is not powered properly and not operating like it should under normal conditions.

If you cut the power off and plug it back in before it saves the file and goes to sleep, there are good chances it will get confused as it will power on, then turn off and remain at sleep even though it has power. It doesn't sound like a camera issue to me.

If there is inconsistent power at startup same could happen.
Thanks for the reply.

The camera was started properly and then I did the power cycle by removing and reinserting the adapter. On reinserting the adapter it starts properly and also starts the recording, everything looks fine till this. But in 5sec you hear a chime sound and it goes off. I recorded a video, please see this

I had the same problem. The boot delay won't fix de issue.
Viofo România changed my camera because i thought it was a faulty one. But the second one had the same problem.
I have wired the camera through hk3-c to solve the issue.
At that time I have made a video for Viofo Romania so the explanations are in romanian but you can see the behavior. The video is below.

Thanks for sharing this. I am facing exact same issue. Today, I recorded a video of the issue. I simulated the power fluctuation by reinserting the adapter.

What voltage is the НKЗ unit set to?
First time it was set at 12,2. With this setting the camera recorded 26 hours low bittrate. I have looked just once out of curiosity.
But i have experienced some problems 2 times and only when the camera was shutdown by the HK3. When the camera was shutdown by HK3, after i return to the car and start the engine, it's just start and keep rebooting. I don't know were the problem is and i didn't investigate further.

So now is set to 12,4 V, 8 hours of parking mode and 90 second timmer.
It's a compromise...

There was a problem with not turning on once when the car park dash cam turned off due to low battery voltage. And so it always turns on when the engine is started without problems. The yellow wire is connected to the instrument panel fuse.

Thanks for the reply.

The camera was started properly and then I did the power cycle by removing and reinserting the adapter. On reinserting the adapter it starts properly and also starts the recording, everything looks fine till this. But in 5sec you hear a chime sound and it goes off. I recorded a video, please see this

It kind of explains the same behavior I was referring to in my previous reply about the camera getting confused and going to sleep.

After watching your video I decided to attempt to replicate what you just did and found same results as yours and recorded it as well.

My camera works just fine in my vehicle, BUT! My vehicle is not equipped with push to start button. It still has the old stile turn to start ignition key. While the camera works just fine in my vehicle, it is very possible that the camera's firmware needs optimization for push to star vehicles like yours since you said that you have tried boot delay timers with no success.

Would you mind recording a video showing us the exact sequence you use to start your car to help us analyze your problem further?

It is also possible that you are taking too long to start the engine after the first button press to wake the accessories, so it would be a good idea to try starting the engine faster to see if that makes a difference.

You wrote that you have parking mode turned on. Why when you turn off the engine, the DVR does not say that it goes into parking mode?

Here is my dash cam going from park mode to normal recording and back to park mode.
Т130

Last edited:
The video is before I buy HK3. As i said, i didn't find anyway to resolve the problem and i had to buy HK3.
In that video the cam wasn't hardwired. The problem ocurred when the camera is powered from the cigarrete lighter.
Anyway, my camera doesn't work like yours. Because all the car still has power 5 minute after locking. If I stay in the car without locking with engine off, it's still all powered for about 10 minutes.
So, the parking mode enter 5 minutes later after the car is locked.
And it's start normal recording after I unlocked the car.

Last edited:
So the problem is in the voltage drop during the start of the engine ....

Yes, i think so.

So the problem is in the voltage drop during the start of the engine ....
Yes, Voltage drops on the car engine start-up and the camera goes power off. But, when it starts back on getting enough power, it shouldn't again turn off in 5seconds.

It kind of explains the same behavior I was referring to in my previous reply about the camera getting confused and going to sleep.

After watching your video I decided to attempt to replicate what you just did and found same results as yours and recorded it as well.

My camera works just fine in my vehicle, BUT! My vehicle is not equipped with push to start button. It still has the old stile turn to start ignition key. While the camera works just fine in my vehicle, it is very possible that the camera's firmware needs optimization for push to star vehicles like yours since you said that you have tried boot delay timers with no success.

Would you mind recording a video showing us the exact sequence you use to start your car to help us analyze your problem further?

It is also possible that you are taking too long to start the engine after the first button press to wake the accessories, so it would be a good idea to try starting the engine faster to see if that makes a difference.

Hi, Thanks for checking this issue in your car and recording the video. As you suggested, I recorded the video of the exact sequence of the car start and showed the issue. Please see this.

I see this issue, even if I don't take too long on pressing the wake the accessories and then cluster start, engine start button.

Back