T130 launched

For sure i would do it a little different, like :
1: use other background picture.

Enable wifi to connect viofo app, to do.
Changes to settings.
Live preview. ( not recommended while driving, might be illegal in your area, but good feature for installing the system )
Review captured footage.
Download and share captured footage.

Viofo recommend safe driving, do not operate phones or cameras while driving.

For sure i would do it a little different, like :
1: use other background picture.

Enable wifi to connect viofo app, to do.
Changes to settings.
Live preview. ( not recommended while driving, might be illegal in your area, but good feature for installing the system )
Review captured footage.
Download and share captured footage.

Viofo recommend safe driving, do not operate phones or cameras while driving.
I don't think that the background picture is the issue, but it's easy to put the steering wheel and phone together and assume that.

It's the picture on the phone showing that this person was clearly using it while driving on the streets or highway that is the issue.
Maybe if was a live video view of the person in a parked spot or parking lot somewhere in front of a building/business/open area and not while actively driving on the streets or highway.
The picture on the phone itself is the only thing that needs to be changed, not the background/steering wheel.

They don't need to add incessant nanny state warnings or any of those other precautions that you mentioned (like illegality, not for use while driving, do not operate phone or camera while driving).

well really i am torn here, the individual should figure out what is right for him / her to do and do that, and if that is in conflict with the law, well take it like a man at least.

Just saw a video with a guy going off on police CUZ they was giving him a fine for handheld phone while driving, and he say so clearly himself ( using phone in combination with BT speaker ) " i was changing tunes on my phone"
And yes that is still illegal, so would it be licking the screen or whatever on a handheld phone when driving.
The guy was from the south / east region of the world, where a more loud and aggressive behavior are more normal, but really his selfie video telling cops off, just go to underline he know nothing about the country he live in, and probably feed him and his family.

I will agree with the guy that a lot of rules here are silly and need to be removed or changed, but there is a procedure for that, which we in general call democracy.

Like many i dont put the seat belt on for a short drive, like when i visit my mother and go shopping for her, and the most common excuse / grab for sympathy is always "well its so short a drive i barely get to running speed".
Me personally i would not go there, i would just say it like it is,,,,,, i could not be bothered.

I wish Viofo would not suggest using the app for live video preview on a hand-held phone while driving

View attachment 59008

Kind of like an article Volvo released with Autonomous driving where the car is "driving itself" and the guy has his eyes off the road reading a newspaper. Conveying their advertising of autonomous driving in a manner that is unsafe and dangerously misleading.

Here's the one I saw....Nothing like taking your eyes off the road and endangering every driver around you!

iu

Last edited:
The problem is that many will take the "monkey see monkey do" approach, thinking because they've seen it done by someone one else, then that must be the correct thing or right way to do it.

But you could capture some great crash footage to post on YouTube! :smuggrin:
Maybe this person was using Tesla Autopilot? ;)
Not sure if the terms & conditions of Tesla's "full self-driving" software still requires you to hold your hand on the steering wheel or not, but I'm sure they would want one to pay attention to the road at least.

The problem is that many will take the "monkey see monkey do" approach, thinking because they've seen it done by someone one else, then that must be the correct thing or right way to do it.
The REAL problem is allowing humans with the brain equivalent of monkeys to interact with the public in things where a higher level of intelligence is necessary. To allow those (unfortunately very common) people to drive a car is ludicrous and absurd to the extreme, but it's commonplace too :mad:

I don't think anyone will take the pic as permission or a suggestion to use the phone app while driving, and those who would are most likely using their phone while driving for other things already. Like the internet, smartphones are the best and the worst thing the modern world has brought us, and how you use them determines which result happens :cautious:

Phil

Which goes back to what I also said. Irresponsible corporate advertising. There's segments of all societies that lack common sense and take commercials literally. Thinking, gee this car will drive itself and I can go play on my smart phone, read a paper, etc. I don't think all vehicles require hands be placed on steering wheel for autonomous driving.

Back