T130 received

I had my first incident (minor) recorded with the T130.
There where two tractors doing maintenance (mowing) at the road sides and as I was driving pass them a stone or some object hit my windshield and it made a beautiful round crack spot that sounded like a gun shot at the time of impact.
I turned back around to talk to them and as I was pulling of the road their supervisor got there to tell them where to go next, so I was very lucky I was able to talk to the right person.

After I had explained what had just happened she was extremely cordial and told me that they will take care of it and gave me her manager's phone number to make arrangements for repair.

After talking to the manager, he assured me they will pay for the cost of replacing the glas and asked me to get a quote from a preferred local glas repair shop and send them the copy of the quote.

I was more than pleased that they where so willing to take care of the problem. That was much easier and effective than trying to make a claim through the vehicles insurance policy even though I carry a decent one, but regardless of the coverage I would have to put the deductible upfront plus they would probably do a repair and not a full glas replacement.

Now I have to prepare to get all 4 dashcams removed before my upcoming appointment time. That would be lots of fun removing sticky pads.

Second 41 is when the spot all the sudden appears like the art of magic.

Looks like you are dropping frames. I see the ver you are on which I believe is the latest. Or is it a youtube thing?
My insurance gives me a free windscreen every year if needed. I haven't needed it but nice to know. They don't replace with OEM however.

Reactions: EGS
Looks like you are dropping frames. I see the ver you are on which I believe is the latest. Or is it a youtube thing?
My insurance gives me a free windscreen every year if needed. I haven't needed it but nice to know. They don't replace with OEM however.
Indeed there are a few dropped frames here and there.
I downloaded this clip on to my phone via wi-fi and uploaded to YouTube, so I haven't checked the original on my computer yet.
I will definitely compare it to see if the problem is originated in the original file, something that is not esy to spot on a phone's display for sure. Glad you pointed that out.

My car sat still for over a day ( 30 hours or so ) until i drove this evening, the battery voltage was just 11.7 Volts before i started the car.,,,,,,,, i am getting worried here.

My car sat still for over a day ( 30 hours or so ) until i drove this evening, the battery voltage was just 11.7 Volts before i started the car.,,,,,,,, i am getting worried here.
Camera recording continuously in parking mode?

Camera recording continuously in parking mode?
Fair questions but the HWK is designed to shut it down before then I would hope.

my cut off are as always 12.2 volts, ( have 2 HW kits installed the other one is from SG powering the SG9663DR )
I only use parking guard on 1 camera at the time, and right now it is the A139 set to just do low bitrate recording for 1 hour, so that is why i am very confused, TBH i think this have been going on for a while i just did not look at my voltages.
I unplugged cameras again last night before i parked so again expect to see 12.4 vilts like i did some days ago when i did the same ( unplug cameras )

I always use 12.2 volts cut off, so me seeing below 11.8 V voltages after 20 hours parked and for the fact i just use parking guard for 1 hour, which should not use that much voltage, this is why i am worried about my reasonable new car battery.

I have installed the new rear camera today, so i am not a proud member of the 3 channel T130 gang again :cool:

Clearly my 256GB Adata endurance card ( A2 / V30 / U3 ) do not work in the T130, once in a while it start to beep about 1 beep / second, and then after 5 beeps or so it announce that 3 channels are recording.
I assume the beeps are a card error, just funny it is then able to start right up on its own again, there can be hours in between it happen or just 30 minutes or so, but it do keep happening ( card of course formatted in T130 )
I had some problems with that card when i got it ( it was very slow R&W speeds ) but formatting it with SD formatter made the speeds normal for the card, it also work fine in my Osmo action camera hitting it with 4K/60 100 Mbit footage,,,,,, though i have not filled the card in that camera, only recorded for a hour or two in total.
But it is also very empty in this session on the T130, formatted it yesterday in the camera before my drive, so only 2-3 hours of footage on it today after my drive .

My T130 have started to boot-loop the past 2 days as temperatures have dropped to around 0 deg C
The camera will just keep booting and then shut down, but if i pull the USB plug from the camera and then re insert it the camera boot and work ( for the rest of the day )

Using the STD viofo PSU supplied with camera
I have not looked at the memory card ( tested it ) but dont think thats it as i can get the camera to work by pulling USB and re insert it, and it is flawless after that, it is just on the very first start of the day the camera act up.

Sorry forgot to update, the problem seem to be power related after overnight parking as i was not able to replicate the problem while filming with my phone, CUZ this time the camera did not boot up and work after unplug / plug of power cable, it just did the same and boot loop, so i left it alone drove 1 KM to do shopping and then coming out from that the camera boot and worked fine for the rest of the day.
My only 2 year old car battery do seem to drop to low voltages, 11.8 it seem, even if i use 12.2 as cut off for the HW kit running the A139 ( no other camera do parking guard but also have a SG hard wire kit installed that feed the SG9663DR )
If i use 12.4 V cut off, and the car have been parked overnight, i can do my 1 Km drive to the shop, but then the camera will stop recording parking guard seconds after i have left the car, and so i have to make a long drive to get longer parking guard on the A139.
My car need to go to the shop next year and then i will have then look for a power drain in the car, though i have just put in 2 hard wire kits ( SG and viofo ) lately, and then of course the new battery 2 years ago.
The car start fine, but temperatures also been moderate, i should see temperatures around -10 deg C soon.

Also after long drive ( 1 hour ) and i park the car, the battery drop to 12.2 volts before i leave the car, so that worry me a bit, though the A 139 can do the 1 hour of parking guard it is set to, and using 12.2 V cut off.
Still have not gotten around to getting a proper multi tester so measure directly on the car battery, i will try to get around to that as i miss having one, and i needed one just yesterday having problems with batteries in cordless drill.

Mine is not hardwired but it does seem to me that the T130 is voltage-sensitive. Anytime it is recording and I start the engine, the cam reboots. My engine starts easily and quickly though my battery is in only fair condition. None of my other cams do that, not even the A139 which is similar. and being powered from the same car circuit which has plenty of power. Might put the voltmeter to work later today and check the numbers.

Phil

Same here not hard wired.
Today it was the same unplugging and plugin back in power with no change, so i pulled the plug and then disconnected the rear camera, and then it did start, and 30 minutes later i connected rear camera up again and then it worked for the following 4 stop / go situations.
I will start tomorrow with the camera in 2 channel from the get go.

The so called snow storm are still going after a pause as just plain old rain, but so far just 4- 5 inches of snow in the back yard.
The pic look much worse than it is.

snow.jpg

My T130 have been running fine for a while ( 2 channel ) with +2 - +10 degree weather, but then yesterday on my first drive it was -2 deg C and the camera would not boot ( 2 channel )
so i drove down the street to do some shopping, and then for the drive home with the car not really heated up much, the T130 worked fine for the drive home.

I am going to continue with the T130 in 2 channel mode, as the weather will be up and down in the days to come, but i think i will put in another memory card.

We had -4 degrees this morning. T130 with a rear camera (the internal camera is disabled) and a 64GB memory card from Viofo turned on and worked without problems.

how did you disable internal camera ? is that a option in the menu.

BTW i am going to try the 128 GB viofo card i have tomorrow, though i dont think it is memory card related, the setup i have not worked fine and in 3 channel mode when it was a little hotter.

Aaaaa :oops: I am not keeping up with many things these days, seem like the annual winter depression set in earlier and harder than usual :cry:

Today changing memory card in the T130 i saw that only the front camera was in the preview, and pressing the button to change camera just made the App lock up.
Though so did stopping recording to enter settings, but i still managed to get in there and format the 128 GB viofo card, on a wim i then also reset the camera to defaults and that did bring back the 2 missing cameras to preview, but the APP still froze if i wanted to change between the cameras.
APP version 3.2.1
FW : V1.0_0927 / rear version 1.0_0914

I think i better go looking for more up to date firmware, that might be why the App stopped responding momentarily

Back