T2 Questions - Card or Unit Problems

kwtaper

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am new to the world of dashcam technology. Have the T2 and have experienced the following:
1 - SanDisc 64gb card - ran a 4 hour drive and on 3 minute loop recording, have plenty of 3 minute segments, but missing 8-12 minutes between segments. So - do I need a Samsung card like Vantrue support says?
2 - Same card - I switched from looped to no loop recording. Ran two 1 hour drives only to have each recording segment terminate at 40 minutes.
3 - Samsung EVO 256gb card - first I formatted to Fat32 on laptop and inserted in unit, only to have Card Error message. I immediately hit Format card on the unit and it looked like I was recording - but nothing shows in files folders later for viewing. Should this be the case based on steps taken?

Getting frustrated with the unit and wondering if defective.

Any insights? Thanks.

1 - do you have motion detect on?
2 - don't turn loop off, it's needed to function correctly
3- try formatting the card back to default exFAT and just put it in the camera and see if you can format it there, if it can then it should work

Thanks.
1, 2- I have placed 5 minute loop back on. I noticed recordings showing up in either the Events Folder or the Normal Folder. I have most of last trip accounted for between the 2 folders. Will test it more and see if I spot any missing chunks - but this may have solved the issue.
3 - the Samsung 256gb does not work with Fat32 or Default. Format while in T2 does not help. Card Error repeatedly each time I try.

Vanture say the card is likely counterfeit as 256gb will work in t2. They say only Made in Philippines or Made in Korea are legit, and mine is Made in Taiwan.

Attachments

• 256 Samsung Taiwan.jpg
    256 Samsung Taiwan.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 3
never seen them made in Taiwan, of the Philippines for that matter, these things change often though

next step would be use sdformatter to return the card to default settings, then use h2testw to test the card, if the card is a problem you will know for sure

Back