T5e Script Settings (High Birate, latest: TI/UN7-171114-V5.1)

Athiril

Reaction score
Country
Japan
21/12/2017: Updated for TI/UN7-171114-V5.1 (see bottom of post)

Run under official firmware for T5e mic port versoin TI/UN7-170908-V5.0
http://www.thieye.com/support.html

So far I've tested 125mbps and 100mbps, 125mbps failed after 3 seconds, 100mbps ran for 10min 15sec, at which point I stopped it and thought it was good enough.

Tested on new Sandisk microSDXC Extreme Pro UHS-I U3 V30 A1 card (tested in my internal card reader at 85mb/sec seq write). I have another UHS-I U3 card at 30 mbyte/sec write, which theoretically should be fine, but this camera doesn't seem to like Toshiba cards, that card works fine at 50mbps, but not 60mbps.

Write address values differ for different firmware releases.

100mbps for 4K S Fine setting
Code:
sleep 3
writew 0xA05591AE 0x42C8

I was considering a mini peltier mod etc, but considering the heat of the screen compared to the casing, I am guessing the screen is soaking up all the heat from the chip, so may be a good place to place cooling (assuming you do not need to see it).

The general rule for the bitrate table is as follows

0xA05591AE is the first address

The next line would be 0xA05591BE - this would be for the same resolution but at the Fine setting instead of S Fine. It goes S Fine, Fine, Normal. So each resolution has three settings.

So 0xA05591AE, 0xA05591BE, and 0xA05591CE all belong to the same resolution, the next resolution would be

0xA05591DE, 0xA05591EE, and 0xA05591FE.

After F the next number ticks over, so the start of the third resolution would be 0xA055920E

F ticks over to 0, and 1 ticks over to 2.

I believe the last set of 3 starts at 0xA0559FB0

Thats like settings for 76 resolutions, but there is obviously not that many in camera to pick from, so many arent used I think.

autoexec file for
S Fine - 100mbps
Fine - 80mbps
Normal - 60mbps

First 26 settings in the bitrate table changed with those settings
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MGui14VtsdqO4YuH1XFM_NIBW-dziI9o

Firmware version: TI/UN7-171114-V5.1
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1t81CzBCdWHVUL9Z5irqhyaGyTQrOSO14

Last edited:
Nice, 100mbps seems to work for me too. Do you also have the address for other resolutions?

Thanks!
I just changed the first 30 resolutions at once so that I do not have to figure out which one is which. I switch just between a few resolution anyway.
2,5K60 is now also recorded at higher bitrate :)

edit: 2.5K60 s.fine is at 0xA055932e

Last edited:
Really Nice Mod! Is there any chance to enable something like a Flat color profile via .ash scripts? =) Thanks!
NOTE: using the mod on my T5e with a 16GB class 10 UHS-1 card record stops after 27 seconds, I have to check if this still happens with other cards =)

You'll need a better card.

For example, my Toshiba Exceria UHS-I U3 card tests at 30mbyte/sec (240mbps) consistent write speed in my PC, and it can only handle 50mbps in camera, and even then in long recording sessions it may stop sometimes, sometimes not. Some cards it does not like, like Toshiba.

As for flat profile, the t img and t imgproc commands which could do it and are described in the firmware are completely missing when you try to use them, those commands have been taken out and are not included in any A12 camera firmware that I know of etc, almost all useful commands are missing, except writing to memory. It may be possible via memory writing if the locations can be found.

Thanks Athiril and Silenec, I was aware of the modded firmware however since it is based on an old stock FW I switched back to the original one, guess I'll have to wait for a flat color profile. Concerning bitrates, how you determine the maximum bitrate? Let's say I would like to switch from 100mbps to 80mbps (for example) how could I change the table following the OP rules? Or should i just switch from S.fine to Fine in settings? =)
Thanks again for the support! =)

Thanks Athiril and Silenec, I was aware of the modded firmware however since it is based on an old stock FW I switched back to the original one, guess I'll have to wait for a flat color profile. Concerning bitrates, how you determine the maximum bitrate? Let's say I would like to switch from 100mbps to 80mbps (for example) how could I change the table following the OP rules? Or should i just switch from S.fine to Fine in settings? =)
Thanks again for the support! =)

Fine is set to 80mbps so you could do that too.

Is there a link? Im still seeing the same version on Thieye's page

That is the release date of the camera (or they forgot to edit it). You have to click the firmware button.

thanks for sharing. it was what i was looking for but did you saw some visible image quality improvements ? ( i remember nx1 birates boosts from 80mbit to 160mbits that showed no visible improvements in "normal" scenes where you dont have a lot of movements

Two versions of remote now, Bluetooth or WiFi, so does installing 171114v5.1 kill Bluetooth option and add WiFi only?

Last edited:
Thanks for the script. Any idea why the bitrate is 70mbps instead of 60 although I use Normal quality (2560x1440 60fps) ?

Thanks for the script. Any idea why the bitrate is 70mbps instead of 60 although I use Normal quality (2560x1440 60fps) ?

It does tend to differ a little for different resolution and frame rates.

Hi, is this work with the latest firmware ?

Version: TI/UN7-180119-V5.0

Change Log:

Upgrade
1.Update voice module that support T5/T5e with or without External Microphone port
2.Optimize the EIS effect
3.Add Distortion Correction on some resolution such as 2.7K@30fps,1080P@60fps ,1080P@30fps

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B ThiEYE 15
D ThiEYE 10
Back