T790 parking mode problem

Mojo555

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hard wired the van with fuse taps to my dads skoda yeti, took the switched from rear wiper and perm from 12v socket(checked and is always live) all ok and switched to parking mode when I took key out and after about half hour changing some things on the app put car away and it said terminating power, I've been back through all the settings and can't see anything I've changed. Parking mode still on and switch on van to the on position...
Any ideas?

In some vehicles, the power to various items (such as the 12v socket) are switched off after a delay.
You will need to find and verify that you have a "continuous" 12v source for the Battery connection.
Remember that even opening the doors may restore the 12v to some items, so if you go back to check for the 12v after a delay it might be present if you open the door.

RodeoGeorge

Changed the settings to not monitor voltage and do 24 hours and still shutting down which suggests not a perm live, but the 12v sockets still work and so did the camera for half hour!!
Help please....

Thanks George, didn't see your reply until after, although strange it worked before in the same circumstances and the 12 v socket still live when the camera switches off

The only thing that I can think of is the Cutoff Voltage.
What do you have that set at???

EDIT: Sorry, missed your comment about not monitoring the voltage.

After the Dashcam shuts off, when you get in the vehicle and start it, does the Dashcam cycle ON???

Says something like "Clearing Parking Mode, Motion Detection XX, Events XX"

RodeoGeorge

Turns on and says safe driving etc.. so staring from no power

If in fact the Dashcam turns on correctly when the ignition is turned on, it is loosing power while in the Parking Mode on the Battery line.

RodeoGeorge

Yep I agree, makes total sense just can't understand why it worked for about half hour then decided not to. It also says switching to park mode then says straight after terminating power shutting down...
Will have another look later.

Yep I agree, makes total sense just can't understand why it worked for about half hour then decided not to. It also says switching to park mode then says straight after terminating power shutting down...

Yes I agree, just doesn't make sense why it would work for half hour then not working now. Says turning parking mode then says terminating power

So after putting the multi meter on, I have power coming out of the fuse tap right up to the fuse on the power cable and coming out of the fuse, but it's not making it to the power socket that plugs into the camera, still get power no problem from switched live must be a faulty cable?

Back