Tacoma Door Pillars

Airborne

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A129
Should I have any concerns removing either the drivers side or passenger side.door pillars on 3 gen Tacoma

Ok I will try that first, and you are not the only one saying disconnect the battery cable, I will do that once I decide to hard wire the camera, some guys are using the windshield motor and tapping there, but not sure if that is a always on fuse. I will figure it out once I get to that point

If the windshield wipers don't work when the ignition is off then it won't be an 'always on' fuse.

Yea I will read up on this more, I don’t understand why you need a steady hot and a acc. Tap with the hard wire kit, I am sure there is something on the wire kit that needs a steady on to work correctly with the Dashcam. Tomorrow the cam comes,so I will be doing lots of reading, like placement,wire taps, hiding the cable.etc.etc, I am excited about it all

The ACC wire is to let the cam know when to switch in and out of parking mode. The Always Hot wire is what actually powers the cam whether parked or driving. For those who never want to use parking mode, they can run both wires to an always-on source but the cam will have to turned on and off manually this way.

Hope the install goes smoothly (y)
Phil

Thanks Phil, I am having a good day so far and I thank God for the days like this when I feel good, I do not take my health for granted any more

The plastic on my little Suzuki ( 5 door hatchback ) it pretty much just clamp itself on the B pillar and are also held a little in place by rubber seals, so only tool i need are the little plastic pry bar i have from a SG camera.
I can rip it off run around my car and have it back on in 3 minutes with ease, but i have of course also worked with that piece of plastic before.

BTW i also have to take off the front door sill plastic trim as the plastic on the B pillar go under that, but it is also just rip off, but have a couple of those studs like things that keep it in place on the penel and the reinforcement bump in the floor that go in under the front seats.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
wozzzzza Hardwiring and Batteries 13
Back