Talk me out of this

kitkat852

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Extremely poor Canadian contemplating buying a A118C on Ebay, $23USD, for a Christmas gift to replace failing G1W. It's not Viofo, it's not Rangetour, it's generic. Description says Novatek chipset. Seller says new, but there's another listing that says "refurbished". Junk? There aren't that many options I can afford. I've been burned a few times on Ebay, mostly with sellers not having the merchandise and having to wait months to get the money back.
Don't walk away, run? :nailbiting:

I don't think you'll be getting good value for your money even at that price, especially of you're unsure of its heritage. If you can possibly see your way to spending a bit more consider the Blueskysea B1W which you can get on at the moment for about $40 USD on AliExpress but as a Black Friday offer you'll need to act fast. It is an excellent camera and one of the best budget bargains on the market these days. It will far outperform an older, questionable A118C.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/328...m=a2g0o.store_home.promoteWysiwyg_503399035.1

Vicky from @estore009 (Blueskysea) may be able to assist you in your purchase if you decide to look further into the camera.

I don't think you'll be getting good value for your money even at that price, especially of you're unsure of its heritage. If you can possibly see your way to spending a bit more consider the Blueskysea B1W which you can get on at the moment for about $40 USD on AliExpress but as a Black Friday offer you'll need to act fast. It is an excellent camera and one of the best budget bargains on the market these days. It will far outperform an older, questionable A118C.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/328...m=a2g0o.store_home.promoteWysiwyg_503399035.1

Vicky from @estore009 (Blueskysea) may be able to assist you in your purchase if you decide to look further into the camera.
Aliexpress always has a better price. But for a fast shipping and a local warranty service, suggest you purchase it on amazon.ca;

Thanks for the replies. Out of my severely limited budget, though. :(

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J What Should I Buy? 21
Back