Tamper Proof mount

danlat1415

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR970X Plus - 2ch with B-130X battery hardwired
Has anyone got the BlackVue tamper proof mount?
It's basically a cover that goes over the mount part of the dash cam and covers the SD card slot and cables, and screws together with star screws.
I initially thought it was a replacement mount, but it's actually a cover that goes over the existing mount.

I have a couple of concerns.
- The reason I'm interested in a tamper proof mount is the number of break-ins in my area have increased over festive period, but I'm worried the tamper proof mount will add size to the dashcam, actually making it more obvious in the windscreen
- I use my front mount upside down (rotate the camera video in the settings) due to an awkward rear view mirror. The tamper proof mount is molded for the existing mount and cables, but it doesn't look like it would fit right with the cables going in the opposite direction (due to being upside down).

I wondered if anyone has used it, or has one that can provide any photos or comments about the above.

Thanks

I use one mainly for other drivers not to interfere with it and for servicing purpose... use home wifi and BV for all downloads to view segments of video... it fits perfect should of been standard lol

use home wifi and BV for all downloads to view segments of video

How do you download from the BV sd card using your home Wi-Fi?

Is there a Windows app/software?

setup is home wifi, BV basic plan, b-124 battery using the BV windows app latest... save file to local disc on pc via settings on BV via wifi, also have 4G Huawei hot spot on data plan... so can view and download files anytime any place
till b-124 drops out but is very few times... getting files is quick from car to pc via wifi... close call yesterday with mobile speed camera, got home checked and was 2mph over in a 30mph zone... another 2mph and a PCN here in the UK
if you dont watch the speed your doing, so peace of mind now relieved i am ok.

The tamperproof case is one of the reasons i got the blackvue 750. It's great.

Keeps dealerships, passengers, etc from touching the buttons or unplugging the cords.

Downside is it's a HUGE PITA when there's any issues like i've been having lately with the rear camera disconnecting. Process is park get, get in passenger seat, unscrew case, unplug everything, wait a few seconds, replug everything, put case and screws back in. Or the odd time it freezes i had to do that whole process.

Won't really stop theft. People who want your cam will break your car window, rip it off the windshield, and cut or rip the cords out anyways.

Has anyone got the BlackVue tamper proof mount?
It's basically a cover that goes over the mount part of the dash cam and covers the SD card slot and cables, and screws together with star screws.
I initially thought it was a replacement mount, but it's actually a cover that goes over the existing mount.

I have a couple of concerns.
- The reason I'm interested in a tamper proof mount is the number of break-ins in my area have increased over festive period, but I'm worried the tamper proof mount will add size to the dashcam, actually making it more obvious in the windscreen
- I use my front mount upside down (rotate the camera video in the settings) due to an awkward rear view mirror. The tamper proof mount is molded for the existing mount and cables, but it doesn't look like it would fit right with the cables going in the opposite direction (due to being upside down).

I wondered if anyone has used it, or has one that can provide any photos or comments about the above.

Thanks

I have one as well. Basically got it to prevent tampering by dealers etc. Like the previous post says it won't prevent theft as all they can do is cut your wires and steal the cam.

As for the upside down mount I would say it depends on if you can route the wiring on the opposite side vs. The way it was meant to be mounted.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V DR750S (1CH or 2CH) 5