Tanker truck makes U turn/ Mercedes runs 2 reds

GTA Driver

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Iroad 3300CH, G1W-c, Mobius C, A119 v1 & v3, A118-c2
A tanker truck pulls out of a service station, attempting to go in the left most lane, blocking other lanes doing so. A Mercedes doesn't stop at a pedestrian cross walk. The tanker truck makes a u turn and the Mercedes runs another red.

I can't see any placards on the tanker. (Meaning he was making a fuel delivery at the service station.)
Any chance U-turns are permitted on that kind of street, divided, with rail in the center.
(not that it's smart to do it if you can avoid it)

According to the Ontario drivers hand book:

U-turn
Before you make a U-turn, check to make sure there is no sign saying not to.​
To make a U-turn safely, you must be able to see well in both directions. It is illegal to make a U-turn on a curve in the road, on or near a railway crossing or hilltop, or near a bridge or tunnel that blocks your view. Never make a U-turn unless you can see at least 150 metres in both directions.​
To make a U-turn, signal for a right turn, check your mirror and over your shoulder and pull over to the right side of the road. Stop. Signal a left turn and when traffic is clear in both directions, move forward and turn quickly and sharply into the opposite lane. Check for traffic as you turn.​

I can't recall seeing any signs for no U turn. The tracks - -Street cars, which move really slow. It was an advanced green so little chance of being hit by the street cars or traffic in the opposite direction. Even driving a regular car, I rarely do a U turn as to me its a such a grey area. This is the first time I looked up the clause in the handbook, but even now, I would be reluctant to do one.

All of your 1203 are belong to us :giggle:
Actually back in the day i knew someone that stole a fully loaded tanker, they dident have to buy gasoline for a while. ;)

Back