Tape

Joel Irwin

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am in a very hot and humid environment here in SE Texas and it gets extremely hot when the car is parked from around May through October. The tapes I have used so far fail to hold my long USB cable which traverses the top of the windshield and then down the side and under the dash to my USB port.

What tape have you used which you think would hold for high temps say when the interior gets over 120d faren?

Hi Joel, I am not lucky enough to live in a nice warm country so I don't have your problem but I tuck my cable just inside the roof lining and the plastic trim down the "A" frame for the front camera. On the rear camera I tuck it under the edge of the rubber that holds the window in place.
I don't know if this helps but I am sure someone will have information on tape.

Today I noticed that my unit came with cable clips (w. stickem backs) (I got mine from Guardian). So I used the clips on the windshield and used Gorilla tape down the door and underneath to the USB connector. Let's see how that holds up during the next few months (we have only had 3 days in the 90s so far and my car is garaged).

I am in a very hot and humid environment here in SE Texas and it gets extremely hot when the car is parked from around May through October. The tapes I have used so far fail to hold my long USB cable which traverses the top of the windshield and then down the side and under the dash to my USB port.

What tape have you used which you think would hold for high temps say when the interior gets over 120d faren?
I bought this:
VHB Double Sided Foam Adhesive Tape 5952
https://www.ebay.com/itm/161393115204
No problems so far.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Zwaluw Mini 0806 3
RavenManiac Mini 0806 1
Sunny Mini 0806 9
Back