Tapping delayed accessory power 2011-2016 Ford Super Duty

Deacon

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just got finished rejiggering some stuff in my 2011 F250, and it was a bear to find the right info, so I thought I’d post it here in case it helps someone else.

For my dashcam I wanted it to wait till I exit the vehicle to turn off, so I needed to find a power source that behaved like the radio which continues to play after shutting off the truck until you open the door. Finally I found someone who had the info for the right wire to tap in the Body Control Module (BCM) located in the right side of the passenger side footwell, conveniently near the the other wire I had originally tapped.

For all 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 Ford F250, F350, and probably F450 trucks, it’s the teal (or kind of sea-green) wire with the violet (purple) stripe in the latched connector towards the top. Now my dashcam stays running, such if I have an impromptu roadside chat with a friendly local officer, until either the timer eventually kills it (I don’t know how long but a good while) or until a door actually opens.

Many thanks to the maker of this YouTube video for finally solving the mystery for me!

Last edited:
By the way, just for reference since I couldn’t find it anywhere, I went ahead and timed it, and the delayed accessory power shuts off automatically at exactly 10 minutes. So if you’re sitting in truck listening to music or whatever it is, you’ll have 10 minutes until everything dies.

That's good to know Deacon. You are fortunate to have a fuse box inside the cab. All mine are located in the engine compartment.

Back