Tapping into cigarette lighter

liveinxs

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mobius ActionCam, Front, Rear and both Sides
I took apart my center console and tapped into the wires that feed the cigarette lighter, I used one of those 12v to 5v mini-USB wires, all working fine...

Today I hooked up my rear mobius cam, and tapped into the wires from the cigarette lighter that feeds the front mobius...

Now here's my question, does anyone know how many items can be added to one circuit, such as the cigarette lighter circuit...

The reason why I ask, is that to complete my setup, I would like to install two more mobius cams, each facing the side of the truck...

Will I run into an issue, by tapping into the cigarette lighter circuit again...

Btw, I will be using the 12v to 5v USB wire for the other cams....

I figure since the cigarette lighter, uses a heating element, which uses a lot of voltage and most likely is on a 20 amp fuse, I should be ok, after all, what cou the Mobius draw, as far as volts...

I took apart my center console and tapped into the wires that feed the cigarette lighter, I used one of those 12v to 5v mini-USB wires, all working fine...

Today I hooked up my rear mobius cam, and tapped into the wires from the cigarette lighter that feeds the front mobius...

Now here's my question, does anyone know how many items can be added to one circuit, such as the cigarette lighter circuit...

The reason why I ask, is that to complete my setup, I would like to install two more mobius cams, each facing the side of the truck...

Will I run into an issue, by tapping into the cigarette lighter circuit again...

Btw, I will be using the 12v to 5v USB wire for the other cams....

I figure since the cigarette lighter, uses a heating element, which uses a lot of voltage and most likely is on a 20 amp fuse, I should be ok, after all, what cou the Mobius draw, as far as volts...

It should not be an issue to add these two BTW I think you have got your 'volts' and 'amps' mixed up. Voltage (12) is not the issue as that will normally be stable. The amps (amperage) is the means of measuring the 'current' being drawn by the consumer in this case the cig lighter when in use +cameras.;)

Tapping two dash cams into that wire should not be a problem at all.

Kelvin

Back