Techmoan Mat's new favourite dashcam

it's not a USB standard that's used

there's an encoder and decoder at each end for the video, they'd need to do the same for audio to do it digital (I don't believe the chipset they use supports audio as well, just video), it's certainly a way to do it but adds complexity (and cost, and size) so would have an impact on the product in its current guise at least, maybe not the most practical way to solve the problem, it's not easy to make something like this without it ending up looking like an octopus with wires coming out everywhere, not based on current tech at least

Could the mic not be incorporated into that button ( I think it's uses as an event recorder?) rather than into the lenses or main unit?
If the idea is to hide the main unit under a seat or in the glove box etc, then a mic on a short (30cm?) lead would be more than enough to have it mounted discretely.
My dream setup is almost here - but again, it looks like manufacturers are trying to over-engineer the recording unit.
I would've liked to have seen two [best] remote lenses putting [best] signal onto the recorder along with [good] audio.
Leave GPS and other bells and whistles until the tech evolves enough to cope

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Koonlung 8
Back