Techmoan Review of Aukey DR02 D

I think reviews are typically seen as recommendations but I think what he does leans more towards product demonstrations, it's an overview of the product, more of an idea of what to expect

More of a reason not to be lazy or rush through stuff. How hard is it to calculate or check how many hours of footage he's getting on a 64GB card?

The viewer or prospective buyer could be a total novice while obviously this is his 24th review.

What I meant earlier also was, if he's doing this professionally or semi-professionally and making money off it, at least do it right.

Yeah I don't necessarily think the reviews are that thorough, some stuff gets glossed over, perhaps based on his own opinions, regardless there are people that like his stuff

I prefer his videos of the old interesting technology, mostly I think because a lot of it is stuff that nobody else is covering and often it's things I've never seen before given that the majority of it predates the internet

I don't think it's that much of a curve with dash cams, just not his area of expertise. Because his audio stuff is quite thorough, loved the CD Video and MiniDisc videos.

I think reviews are typically seen as recommendations but I think what he does leans more towards product demonstrations, it's an overview of the product, more of an idea of what to expect

If Techmoan just demonstrated a product and left it as that it would be one thing but that's not what he does. He enthusiastically recommends and endorses certain items and then goes to great lengths to direct viewers to specific sales outlets that are his affiliate links. Any objectivity goes right out the window as he is literally peddling the merchandise just like a guy on TV peddling (demonstrating) some new amazing kitchen gadget.

Well, I remember when he reviewed the mobius, this is pre-patreon and stuff.
There were links as well, and sort of enthusiasm too. I bought it and that was a good product.

Despite his words about the DR02 I am not convinced about it....I can still use my own judgement, and I think a lot of people as well (I was not impressed by his reviews of the Mobius 2...)

I really do not understand why people are nitpicking so much the reviewer.
I like IPhonedo's reviews as well. Is he biased on certain product/brand? Of course, but still I find his reviews interesting.
There are PLENTY of reviewers out there, not easy to "fake" or endorse a product too much.

wow we didn't half send this thread a million miles away from the dashcam it was originally about did we :ROFLMAO:

If Techmoan just demonstrated a product and left it as that it would be one thing but that's not what he does. .

I agree that's not what he does, my own view is that they are more like demonstrations as I don't value his opinion on the performance of the products, sorry I didn't make that very clear earlier

I can still use my own judgement, and I think a lot of people as well

I think the problem is that a lot of people don't use their own judgment, more of a problem for anyone that is new to dashcams

I was not impressed by his reviews of the Mobius 2..

case in point, he didn't have much bad to say about that product and it's a model that is universally panned as being a dud

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sunny DR02 D 15
Back