Techmoan Review of Philips ADR610 & ADR810

russ331

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius B (x2) & A119
Two Capacitor DashCams reviewed...

Techmoan is impressed by the 810 low-light performance, though not by it's audio quality.

image.jpg

Two Capacitor DashCams reviewed...

Techmoan is impressed by the 810 low-light performance, though not by it's audio quality.
I just had a G1W-H crappy mic flashback! How is that even possible in a product with Philips name on it?!?

Last edited:
Brand names are not the useful indicators that they used to be.
That 810 made him sound like Kenny off South Park!
P.S. I like Techmoan's reviews but I do wish he'd make 5 minute executive summary versions.

So? Which factory is actually making these? The one on the right resembles a Papago.

So? Which factory is actually making these? The one on the right resembles a Papago.
I'd say the ADR-610 has more than just the resemblance with the PAPAGO! GoSafe510...

all the Philips models I'd seen so far were just licensed product, not actually made by Philips

all the Philips models I'd seen so far were just licensed product, not actually made by Philips
If they were made by Philips they wouldn't have those "faults", to put it mildly...
I don't know how a company like Philips lets someone else use their name, risking having bad things said about a product that's not even theirs.

If they were made by Philips they wouldn't have those "faults", to put it mildly...
I don't know how a company like Philips lets someone else use their name, risking having bad things said about a product that's not even theirs.
These days many well known from the past brand name companies are not any more what they used to be. They don't care as much about brand name as about quick profit. Only handful "old-school brand names" are keeping their reputation like B&O etc., rest is just about quick buck. It's just because how these days "economy system" and business model is set to work and many companies has to follow this trend to survive.

These days many well known from the past brand name companies are not any more what they used to be. They don't care as much about brand name as about quick profit. Only handful "old-school brand names" are keeping their reputation like B&O etc., rest is just about quick buck. It's just because how these days "economy system" and business model is set to work and many companies has to follow this trend to survive.
I get that, but what good does it do to them to make a quick buck when their brand starts to get "dragged in the mud" if they keep pursuing this business model? If they can't keep their good name, how many quick buck deals can they make in the future? Isn't that a contradiction?

I get that, but what good does it do to them to make a quick buck when their brand starts to get "dragged in the mud" if they keep pursuing this business model? If they can't keep their good name, how many quick buck deals can they make in the future? Isn't that a contradiction?
The unfortunate truth is that in many companies a good portion of the senior management compensation (sometimes exceeding 70%) is based on bonuses that are awarded based on company financial performance for the current quarter and/or fiscal year. This model pretty much relegates long term planning to the bottom of the priority list.

Add to this the 'mobility' of the senior executives (changing companies almost as often as I change underwear) there is little incentive to plan more than 2 or 3 years down the road.

That's unfortunately one of the many downsides of globalization. There are only a few original, genuine brands left and I don't know how longer can they keep their singularity in this globalized world.

I powdercoated prototypes for B&O once, they said the paintjob was not good enuff, and trust me i went over the items with a magnifying glass and i did not find any flaws.
And just to underline i am not a piss poor painter, the things i painted many times for Dynaudio was okay, actually the return rate on those dropped to a minimum when i got into the firm and painted them.
And Dynaudio have same high standarts as B&O have i think, and thats okay as it is the kind of work i wish to do, the rest i leave for some one else.

I think B&O just found a cheaper place to get ther flatscreen back panels painted, and thats allright too, just dont say my painting is not good.

Ill take Dynaudio over B&O any day, and here its just Audio products i speak off, and i would never buy a B&O television, not even if i was made of solid gold.

I did once have a B&O record player, just before i "build" my own.
With the right Ortofon pickup it wasent all bad, but my DIY build with the nice SME arm and Ortofon pickup was nicer, though i had to help the massive table up to speed and then wait for a while before playing a record.

No Danish design is worth that much money, its even freaky what ppl pay for Danish designer furniture. :eek:

Had to weld up a seperate rack for my allmost 50 Kg record player :)

I think the guy i sold it to still have it, but i have not been in contact with the guy since the late 80ties.

Philips ADR810 vs DOD Champion SP1 (upgraded LS460W):

ph.jpg

ph2.jpg

s.jpg

Philips ADR810 Pros:
+built-in capacitor
+emergency button in charger (clever idea!)
+156deg view angle lens
+64GB mmc looks fine at exFAT <LOL>#
+720p@60FPS has real 60FPS ( I never seen that works on DOD)
+ ISO 6400

Cons:
-poor microphone (mine version has the same problem like techmoan) :/
-Cheap plastic
- G-Sensor extremely sensitive...even if set on low...
- very ratle/not stable 3M windscreen mount
- no GPS

DOD Champion SP1 Pros:
+ looks like has Anti Glare lens
+ 64GB and 128GB mmc works just fine (FAT32)...
+ the world first 10Hz GPS antenna?
+ very accurate and stable GPS
+ advanced speed measurement (0-100km/h,100-200km/h,60-250km/h,0-60mph,0-120mph...) etc...

cons:
- battery (I prefer capacitor)
- not much difference between LS460W apart Anti Glare lens and firmware changes for measurement GPS... good for racing/rushing people I suppose ;)

I still testing both of these cameras...
so far, picture qualit quality looks like below:

[due to different view angle lens, picture looks like is more far away @Philips ADR810..]

day1.png

day2en.png

day3.png

day4.jpg

day5.png

day6.png

nighta.png

night2.jpg

night3.png

night4.jpg

Last edited:
Back