Techmoan's latest video

sludgeguts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius x3, G1W held as spare.

Worth a watch, he's using a magnetic cpl as well.
Also explains his preferred setting - 2560x1080 @30fps, 21:9
Which I would find useful if ever I was to buy one.

(Ok, I HAVE bought one but it's for a friend, but I'll be using this setting when I hand it over.)

AND he gives dashcam talk forums a mention

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that, I will view it later when I have more time but it looks good from the quick preview I just had. I like his reviews.

Must have got a good one - gave it "the highest score it could get"!

Good demonstration of what the CPL can do too.

Why don't these have caps instead?
They're planning it for the next one I believe.

Glad that Techmoan finally got a good one anyway (t's true that third time is the charm) for Rayman and co as this will definitely help sell a lot of units :)

Quite an advert at 21 mins in for this place too!

Last edited:
Quite an advert at 21 mins in for this place too!

I'm a member of a few dashcam forums on facebook & you get no end of people asking "what's the best" "where do I buy" etc etc.
And it's truly amazing how many people out there still recommend the £15 cheapies (crapcam with flip down screen) off ebay.
I always post a link to the home page here & refer them to the thread "which cam do I buy".
I'd love to know if anyone became a member or even bought as a result of the reviews on here.
I'm really amazed at just how many say "buy xxx, it's £25 on ebay and mine's great", especially when they're touting a cheapo 720 cam (or a dear 720 cam in some cases).
For your novice, 720 might be great, I mean, my first proper cam was 480 & I thought it was wonderful, but in this day and age & with the amount of FREE & IMPARTIAL information given on this site (not to mention Techmoan's clips), I sometimes despair.
I suppose some people like the 'personal' referrals - it's a real name on facebook so they must know what they are talking about - right?

I'm really amazed at just how many say "buy xxx, it's £25 on ebay and mine's great", especially when they're touting a cheapo 720 cam (or a dear 720 cam in some cases).

stacks of positive reviews for the DVR207 on Amazon, if you don't know any different ..........

Exhibit A:

For your novice, 720 might be great, I mean, my first proper cam was 480 & I thought it was wonderful

Once you find out there are other options then things are different of course

I watched Techmoan's latest video on the Mini 0806. Techmoan referred to previous problems with earlier models, and now he's happy with this latest version.

How can you tell which version a vendor is selling? Surely, some have old stock, besides those selling knock-offs.

Which US-based dealer sells at least the latest Mini 0806 that Techmoan has described?

I watched Techmoan's latest video on the Mini 0806. Techmoan referred to previous problems with earlier models, and now he's happy with this latest version.

How can you tell which version a vendor is selling? Surely, some have old stock, besides those selling knock-offs.

Which US-based dealer sells at least the latest Mini 0806 that Techmoan has described?
Techmoan did say to look for a seller claiming to sell 3rd batch/edition.

The real problems were only in the first batch of 500 which sold out or where returned long ago, the second batch had some that were not properly constructed but they all sold ages ago as well.

Techmoan started off with a prototype and then tried one of the first batch. Shouldn't really moan about problems with prototypes, they are made to find problems, and some of them are still taking very nice images.

"Techmoan started off with a prototype and then tried one of the first batch. Shouldn't really moan about problems with prototypes, they are made to find problems, and some of them are still taking very nice images."

I can't recall moaning about the prototype at any point in the video.

I'm aware what a prototype is and the function it performs. That's the reason I didn't attempt to review it or demonstrate its performance in a video until the product was ready.

Must say that the Techmoan video reviews on YouTube have certainly been very enlightening, and credit where credit is due, his walkthrough of the menu settings of the 0806 and the Mobius have saved me a lot of time and grief. Even now, having owned an 0806 for several months and reading up on this forum, his guidance helped me with using the CPL filter.

So Techmoan, keep up the good work :)

And to anyone not aware of his excellent video reviews, take a look at his YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/Techmoan

I really appreciate Techmoan's videos, too. Without his videos, I would not have known about many of the dashcam models that are discussed on this forum.

He's very detailed.

Techmoan's the reason I got into dash cams and things like the mobius. Always find his videos very interesting and informative.

Techmoan's the reason I got into dash cams and things like the mobius. Always find his videos very interesting and informative.

Back