Technical question - USB connector / Reset button on camera controller

Patrick Losch

Reaction score
Country
Germany
1590517271805.png
Hello, I just bought a B1M and tested it successfully powered by the supplied USB cable to the 5 pin power connector. However, I noticed an additional small USB connector on the side of the camera controller. There is also a kind of reset button. But I could not find any information about this in the documentation.

Does anyone has an idea of the functionality of the USB and button on the camera?

It is the reset button, use a pin to reset the unit when it bricked!
And you can use your phone USB wall charger to charge the built-in battery via this USB connector.

Thank you for the fast feedback. One more question.

The B1M can be powered by 1 the supplied USB cable that goes via the 4 pin connector, 2 via the USB connector on the side of the camera controller or 3 via the supplier 12VDC converter and the 3 wires.

As I use the B1M in the car (due to the small cameras) I like to power either via the USB or the 12VDC cigarette lighter plug. In both cases power goes off as soon the car engine stops. However, the supplied power cable with the 12VDC converter provides 3 wires. Ground, continues power and power when engine is running. Having separated “continues power” and “power when engine running” has surly a technical reason, however this is not described in the manual.
  • As I have on the cigarette lighter plug only ground (-) and power when engine is runing (+), what cabling do you recommend?
  • Or do you recommend better to use the USB cable to power the camera in the car?
Best rgds, Patrick

As I use the B1M in the car (due to the small cameras) I like to power either via the USB or the 12VDC cigarette lighter plug
It is ok! There is a short USB power cable in the package!
As I have on the cigarette lighter plug only ground (-) and power when engine is runing (+), what cabling do you recommend?
Normal Cigarette lighter should be okay! The B1M working current not above 500mah...

One more question.
Usually, a Red wire (to the positive 12V DC source that is always On connection) is used to save dashcam settings if you have not been using a car for a long time.
(My B1W kept the settings for about three weeks. The date / time settings in B1W were synchronized with such settings in the smartphone when they were connected).

In B1M there is a GPS module, perhaps there is provided for synchronization of time/ date, when the GPS module will find satellites.

PS: Could you place screenshots of the B1MCAM application here - I wonder what settings are provided there?

Best rgds,

Thank you for your excellent support. I powered the B1MCAM via the supplied USB cable to the lighter.
As the light in powered with the car engine the B1MCAm works perfectly. And please find here the application pic where the B1MCAM in installed in a car.

Best regards

Attachments

• B1M in car.jpg
    B1M in car.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 14
Lol, why not use our B2W for a side camera? B2W should be a simple installation!

Back