Temp Protection!

just wondering why the temp protections not included with power kit and can be set to maximum operating temperature as need it!

Following Nigel's idea, I believe a thermostat can also be mounted inside the A129. Just need to know the maximum operating temperature.
I think that would be difficult since the power connector is on the PCB and you want the main power connector for parking mode, not the one on the mount. Of course you can insert it into the power cable if you know how to use a soldering iron. If you are putting it down by the fuse box then I suggest checking the temperature down there before deciding what temperature to buy, I'm sure it will be at least 20C less than up by the roof.

just wondering why the temp protections not included with power kit and can be set to maximum operating temperature as need it!
The only reason I can think of is that it was considered unnecessary, and nobody has been reporting temperature issues with the A129, not even those that live in central Oz!

Not many dashcams have over-temp protection, as they should be able to work in any conditions you'd drive in. I would not buy a dashcam that might shut down at a bad time; I'd rather have one simply go dead from the heat so that I could replace it with a more trustworthy one. IMHO a cam which needs overheat protection is a poor design. If another cam can handle the high heats- and some can- then any good cam manufacturer should be able to do that as well. The A129 and A119 cams are among the few I would not worry about regards overheating.

To me, my cams are something like a parachute or life raft- things you never want to be forced into using but which must not fail you when you need them the most ;)

Phil

Not many dashcams have over-temp protection, as they should be able to work in any conditions you'd drive in. I would not buy a dashcam that might shut down at a bad time; I'd rather have one simply go dead from the heat so that I could replace it with a more trustworthy one. IMHO a cam which needs overheat protection is a poor design. If another cam can handle the high heats- and some can- then any good cam manufacturer should be able to do that as well. The A129 and A119 cams are among the few I would not worry about regards overheating.

To me, my cams are something like a parachute or life raft- things you never want to be forced into using but which must not fail you when you need them the most ;)

Phil
This is very true Phil and that what should be considered by any dashcam manufactury .I see A129 maximum operation temperature 60 C .

Last edited:
I'm not sure all cam manufacturers actually test their cams at their advertised limits, and some are known to function properly beyond them. That is what I judge cams by; their real-world performance and not what the manufacturer states. That kind of owner-reported information is what makes this website so valuable (y) I can accept a little focus shift at high temps as long as it returns to normal when it cools, but otherwise it works at all times or it goes away or is put into a use it can handle reliably ;) Cam failure is NOT an option with me.

Phil

I see A129 maximum operation temperature 60 C .
That will be the temperature of the oven they test it in, at that temperature it will be around 80C inside with all components still in spec, the 0906 would be approaching 90C and shutting down. I assume it is very rare for the air temperature inside a car to reach 70C so the A129 probably doesn't reach 90C internally. They will both have components inside that have a maximum temperature in the low 90s.

air temperature inside a car to reach 70C s
it will be here in Arizonan desert! temperature in the car get up to 100c , depending on the temperature outside, the kind of vehicle you have, and how long it has been in the sun.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E A129 / 129 Duo 11