Temp Protection!

sobhi

Reaction score
Country
United States
Did A129 has temperature Protection like mini 0906!

Thank you Jokiin ,I lives in Arizona averages summer daily maximum temperature between 104 and 107 degrees Fahrenheit (40 to 42 degrees Celsius) so no way this camra will work in Arizona .

That's cooler than it has been for the last few weeks in Australia, camera can work in those temps

temperatures inside a car parked under direct sun can by easy up to 80 Celsius my mini 0906 shows 90C in summer without any issues .

Yep we get those types of temps here, far too often unfortunately, hate the hot weather
Arizonan has no winter lol !It is a (hot) desert, so it's arid and hot .that why our cars batteries died fast :cry: .

temperatures inside a car parked under direct sun can by easy up to 80 Celsius my mini 0906 shows 90C in summer without any issues .
You don't need to live in Arizona to reach 80 C, here in the UK last summer I measured my car rear view mirror with an IR thermometer at 97C. Our mid day mid summer sun shines into the car cabin instead of shining down on the car roof and mainly being reflected.

A129 doesn't seem to need to shut down at any feasible temperature, as long as it is correctly mounted and you don't block the air vents.

You don't need to live in Arizona to reach 80 C, here in the UK last summer I measured my car rear view mirror with an IR thermometer at 97C. Our mid day mid summer sun shines into the car cabin instead of shining down on the car roof and mainly being reflected.

A129 doesn't seem to need to shut down at any feasible temperature, as long as it is correctly mounted and you don't block the air vents.
so what A129 maximum operating temperature ?

so what A129 maximum operating temperature ?
That will depend on how you measure the temperature!

The temperature of the part of the case/mount that is in direct sun will be very different to the air temperature, and the air temperature at the top of the windscreen will be a lot warmer than the air temperature at the bottom of the windscreen. And if you hide the camera behind the black dotted area of the windscreen then the case doesn't get direct sun so will be a lot cooler. It is the air temperature that is most important since that is what is keeping the electronics cool, so if you are concerned then maybe mount the camera low rather than at the very top. Mine is under my rear view mirror, not up in the serious heat.

That will depend on how you measure the temperature!

The temperature of the part of the case/mount that is in direct sun will be very different to the air temperature, and the air temperature at the top of the windscreen will be a lot warmer than the air temperature at the bottom of the windscreen. And if you hide the camera behind the black dotted area of the windscreen then the case doesn't get direct sun so will be a lot cooler. It is the air temperature that is most important since that is what is keeping the electronics cool, so if you are concerned then maybe mount the camera low rather than at the very top. Mine is under my rear view mirror, not up in the serious heat.
what will happened if the camera reach 95C as we know A129 has no temperature Protection .

what will happened if the camera reach 95C as we know A129 has no temperature Protection .

running it while parked would be an issue, if you have no intention of doing that then there's nothing to worry about, the temps will get into the 90's while parked but will quickly cool

running it while parked would be an issue, if you have no intention of doing that then there's nothing to worry about, the temps will get into the 90's while parked but will quickly cool
I used parking mode and with mini 0906 it shut itself off when reaching out 90C .so A129 will not be my first choice :(

The A129 uses less power than the 0906, so it creates less internal temperature, I believe the cooling is also more effective, and sun shining directly on the mount does not heat the camera as much as it does with the 0906, so when your 0906 is showing 90C and shutting down, the A129 is still feeling cool :cool:

Running parking mode in these high temperatures will reduce the life of any camera, just like it does you car batteries, and a lot of other parts of your car, that is unavoidable. You either need to accept that they will need replacing occasionally or you accept that using parking mode is not sensible. You could always add a thermostat to the fuse tap and turn everything off completely at high temperatures, eg: thermostat

that great Idea Thank you for this information Nigel! how can I add the Thermostat Temperature to fuse tap?
The one I linked to just connects inline like a 1 pole switch, I would solder it in but you can use automotive crimp connectors like normally come on the end of the fuse tap, you just need an extra connector, and since it is rated at 5A you should use a 5A fuse in the fuse tap. You can also get digital configurable ones with screw terminals for not much more, eg link, however that does use some power so is not ideal in parking mode, the first link uses only the power of the sun for switching.

Note that since it will be down by the fuse box, you don't want a 90C version, 40C would probably be more suitable.

Last edited:
Following Nigel's idea, I believe a thermostat can also be mounted inside the A129. Just need to know the maximum operating temperature.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E A129 / 129 Duo 11