Temporary (suctioncup) holder for Blackvue 500 / 600 series?

enuffsaid

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

Is there a temporary holder for the Blackvue dashcams (eg. the 500 and 600 series)? Something like a suction cup holder?

Kind regards,
'nuff

Thank you very much Michael007 for your helpful reply. Very interesting. That's something I will certainly look into.

@ streetguard: apparently, yes. :p lol

3M twin lock tape is what some use if there's a need to move the camera, there is no purpose made suction mount though

Yeo have used twinlock for over two years with no trouble I take the camera on holiday and use it in rental cars. Just take an extra strip of tape and use it.

Suction cup has been shipped! Hopefully here before the weekend. And I can let you know if it's any good and if it fits well.

Last edited:
it was said more in tongue in cheek, I've had nothing but hassle with my DR500 so gave it to my daughter end of last year (for free) the other week she came in to tell me it just went belly up and now won't even come on (start)

it was said more in tongue in cheek, I've had nothing but hassle with my DR500 so gave it to my daughter end of last year (for free) the other week she came in to tell me it just went belly up and now won't even come on (start)

Tongue in cheek or not... we are discussing a suction cup here. I don't see how your experience with the DR500 is relevant. Are you being a troll?

I think you need to lighten up mate, without going off topic, I found it funny when you said regarding your suction cup "I can let you know if it's any good" so my reply was a joke that I hoped the suction cup worked better than my Blackvue DVR did, now if you don't see the funny side (light hearted) of what I'm saying that is no reason to thing I am a troll, I appreciate English may not be your first language, but very surprised you can not see the light hearted remark not being offensive or derogatory to you or anyone else. if you think I was trolling by my remark, I thing you need to step back from your computer and take a deep breath,

take this whichever way you want, but it's all said in a nice friendly way

I think you need to lighten up, mate. This is a thread about the suction cup as the title clearly indicates. When I said I'll let you know if it's any good I was referring to the suction cup, obviously. I am surprised that for somebody who's first language is English you didn't get that.

You are obviously frustrated with your DR500, but this is not the place to vent your frustrations. You are hijacking a thread with irrelevant comments. Funny or not, it's just not relevant. Go spam a thread that DOES discuss the DR500.

And regarding your comment "without going off topic"... your first post in this thread was already off topic.

All said in a friendly way, too. :)

Last edited:
I'll just correct you on one other thing, before I'll have nothing further to do with you, English is not my first language either, I only live here in England. goodbye

Don't you find it ironic you comment on somebody possibly not understanding you because english may not be that person's first language when it isn't your first language either and you don't seem to grasp the content of this thread. Farewell.

Last edited:
The suction cup looks great just what I need, so I attempted to buy one only to find they do not ship to the UK :(

I have received the suction cup and am plesantly surprised. I thought it would not be an official Blackvue product as no other stores seem to carry it. But it says Blackvue on it and it's a perfect fit. I'm very happy.

However, there seems to be a design flaw with the suction cup. If you move the lever to make the suction cup stick to your window you actually also move / turn the suction cup itself. Not sure how to explain this properly. I need to push the suction cup against the window and turn the holder for the BlackVue to make it stick. This means you need to place the holder at an angle on your windows and then turn it and hopefully when it sticks your holder is perfectly horizontal. Otherwise you'll need to loosen it and try again but this time at a different angle.

I will take this up with the seller, but it's not a showstopper for me. I'm just happy I have a good suction cup so I can place the BlackVue w/o sticking the holder to the window permanently.

I do not think it is an official accessory. It looks as if someone has taken the original stick on support for the window and found and aftermarket suction cup part they could stick/glue the base of the Blackvue clip to.

Though if you are happy with it and it does what you require then that is all that matters in the end.

Back