Tesla vs M5 highway racing (with a twist)

Gibson99

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Yes
OK, so it's a couple of fools messing around on the highway, using it like their personal race track - somewhere in Europe based on the shape of the plates.

yeah, ok, we've all see this kind of idiot before... this one has a different sort of twist at the end though

If it were mph, it'd be somewhat interesting.

Thats still 40 km/h faster than the fastest truck i have ever seen ( same style rig on a 80 km/h highway )

But 110 was still fast not least as trucks here are supposed to be capped at 80 km/h

Following that video, I watched few other videos where Tesla P100 x completely wipe out ferrari.
WTH?

right, if they were going 150, then the truck must have been doing at least 180 to pass them like that.

the truck going stupidly fast reminds me of an experience I had on I-10 some time in the mid 90s. The road is 2 lanes in each direction there. I had cruise set at 80mph (in a 65 zone) and there were practically no other cars anywhere since it was a fairly remote part of Louisiana. I checked my mirrors and way in the distance I saw some trucks in both lanes. Didn't think much of it since I was already in the slow lane. Checked mirrors again a few seconds later and they were now on top of me. They passed me on both sides - left lane and shoulder. It was a convoy of like 7-8 trucks, hauling major ass - i guessed about 120 mph at least. made me look like i was standing still, and the wind from them passing me on both sides pushed around my little 88 camry (which i think only weighed like 2600 lbs)pretty bad.

and speaking of ass, mine took a LONG time to un-pucker after that.

Following that video, I watched few other videos where Tesla P100 x completely wipe out ferrari.
WTH?
when the truck passed them, they seemed to be doing a steady 150-ish km/h. they may have been lining up for another run. if you look closely, you can see the truck in the side mirror of the tesla (which seems to be a model X, so it's not quite as fast as the S, but still capable of being stupid fast)... but then again, the F10 M5 is no slouch itself: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_M5#F10_M5_.282011.E2.80.932016.29

Looked to me like the truck was doing the truck speed limit and the "fast" cars were doing more like 15.0 - that would be illegally slow in the UK.

The slow movement of the traffic on the other side confirms, as well as the ridiculous acceleration.

Back