Testing my new installation Mini 0906 - Some clarifications needed on issues am facing

Georjo

Reaction score
Country
India
So my mini 0906 just got installed. Writng this to figureout the causes of issues am facing. May be It could be due to the way i have installed it also.

Its using a Hardwire Kit, Redwire connected to Always On fuse using Fusetap. Yellow wire is not connected yet as i need to get a new Fuse tap for it. Ordered, Waiting....

As the C10 Samsung Evo 128g mem card is still on its way, i have just kept a C4 8 gb card for getting the functionalities tested.

Camera Firmware - 20171121 V1.

Issues and Doubts on functionalities.

How to make the rear and front cam record together?.
i can see recordings from single camera in its folders, not both together. Noticed something like, if i switch display to rear and its on record, it will save rear cam video, if display is on front camera, it records front one.
The resolutions kept are well in 1080p30fps modes. Its switching to 720*720 often by itself when am starting cam. Seems like this is the parking mode coming into play. Will be doing the yellow wire to acc connection soon, meantime is there a way i can make it work normally by keeping the redwire connected into an always on fuse?.

Is there any particular option i need to set or enable if i need to make the front and rear cameras record together?

How to make the RF remote work smooth. I have seen it working and taking snapshots and locking videos a couple of times.. But often its not connecting to the camera at all, and no effect is seen on pressing the buttons multiple times or in long presses!!

Overall UI response of the camera is very sluggish. I need to press the up arrow long or long press and after that multiple presses to take it to settings menu. Its not responding in a constant/stable manner. To browse through recorded files, the menu came up once on pressing down arrow long.. Now its not seen coming up. Can you give the exact menu or button presing pattern to access the recorded videos through camera buttons?.

All above sluggishness i mentioned i have tested keeping the motion sensor off mode also as i have seen the camera getting very busy if that sensor is kept on, in a live environment.

Is all these isues due to the C4 memmory card am having in it and the single wire connection power? Or is there something wrong with the hardware or software ?

Often the camera gets busy in things and if i try to switch it off and restart i will have to do multiple long power button press. seen this often if am trying to turn it off when the cam is recording.

You need a C10 memory card, it is writing nearly 40mbps to 4 files if using front and rear and GPS, plus there will be some overhead in creating files and managing folders. Possibly a fast C6 would cope but definitely not recommended.

Not worth looking at other issues until you have a decent card.

Ok i will get it changed for testing the sluggishness in ui and delays seen in starting recording..

Butthe remote is not working at all now. Is this also depending on the memory card?

Ok i will get it changed for testing the sluggishness in ui and delays seen in starting recording..

Butthe remote is not working at all now. Is this also depending on the memory card?
Possibly, change the card first...

Retesting today with Samsung EVO Plus Grade 1, Class 10 32GB MicroSDHC 95 MB/S Memory Card.

Observations.
Solved: The recordings are now getting properly saved into Front and Rear folders in the sd card.

Unresolved:
All issues mentioned above in the starting thread.
I can see the UI has become more slow when i used this. switching between front rear cams, starting - stopping recordings, muting on off etc are all getting selected with much delays. I had to long press couple of times and get it restarted to start fresh again.

What should i be checking now in your opinion?..

Did daytime recording this time. The cam is set with motion sensor off. else i think it will get more busy and slower.

One change i saw is it started in 1080p * 780 p 30 fps which was the option set manually. Yesterday i was seeing its own default 720*720 even though the resolution mentioned was the other 1080 p one.

Thanks in advance for your kind opinions....

Last edited:
I had the same issue with recording going to 720p and became a timelapse video sometimes. Kept thinking what could it be and maybe the parking mode was just going out of whack. Decided to use both yellow and red wire soldered together and fixed the issue for me. Now it's always 1080p and not going to parking mode anymore. When you notice it going to 720p, did you see a P symbol, it may be going to parking mode. Just tie your yellow and red wire together.

I have kept the motion sensors etc off as its putting a toll on the camera responsiveness which is already slow. If am keeping them on i can see the parking mode symbol.(i havent connected yellow wire yet.its the red connected to an always on fuse terminal)
The switching to 720p i noticed like is happening on night time mostly. Is it sensing any low lights and switching to 720p?. I need to reconfirm it..just 2 days of testing now.

By the way if we are soldering the wires together the feature of switching between parking sensor and normal mode is getting deactivated right?.and cam may be always on normal mode. For me if am keeping the motion sensors etc on the parking symbol will be always on in my cam...for me just redwire is connected now.yellow not connected..need to check if switching happening after connecting the yellow one too.

Since you didn't connect the yellow wire of the parking guard hardwire kit, and only the red wire to constant 12V, it will always be in parking guard mode.
If you have parking guard set to "time lapse" in the camera, it will always record in 720p; 2 fps.
If motion detection in also "on" this will shift recording to 1080p 30fps if motion or impact is detected. There is ~3 seconds loss in recording once cam shifts from 720p 2fps to 720p 30fps.
If parking guard is set to "motion detect", it will not record until it senses motion and then record at 1080p 30fps or 720p 30fps.

I think you need to connect 12V to yellow acc wire in the hard wire kit for it to record 1080p 30fps continuously.

Last edited:
Yes this looks like a valid point. Recording starts with 1080p and in some time it is switching back to 720p2. Eventhough the parking mode indication is not coming up. Parking mode symbol is coming up only if am making the motion sensor on. I kept it into timelapse setting. I think in timelapse it goes into 720p2 resolution.

Still doubt is, why it is not showing the parking mode symbol if recording mode is switching to parking mode? This symbol comes on if am making the motion sensor On!!

Last edited:
An update.

The vendor sent me previous release of driver and i have tried it. It haven't resolved the issues and even rear cam was not getting detected.
Reverted back to latest firmware again. Formatted the memory card. Previously i had around 5 GB of media data in the memory card which was 16gb in total.

Observations: The sluggishness reduced and now the camera responds faster. Still switching back and forth from camera settings menu has some delay. Stopping the recording has a delay, seems its taking the time to save the clip.

Concern here: so the camera is going to get slowed if the memory card is having some amount of data?. then this is going to be dead slow with the 128 g samsung evo card am going to use.. once it has above 20gb of data seems this will get much slower.

Remote is not working. Same like before. Is there any way to check if the remote is getting detected and connected to the camera, like we are aearching and adding a bluetooth device?
its RF or Bluetooth ?

I have seen the camera doing 1080p 30fps recording in my night drive yesterday, just after i reverted back to latest firmware, which was in it when shipped. Video quality is set on superfine. The rear camera is much clear and clean. But front cam is kinda grainy and not giving clean visuals like in rear camera. Its having a cpl filter.

Today morning the camera started in 1080p recording, but switched itself to 720P2 mode itself and keeps recording in that mode till now. I have tried restarting the camera but no use, still its in 720p2 mode. Parking mode symbols etc not seen coming up, but still is in 720p2 resolution mode. Videos taken in this mode gets recorded and played like in 2x fast-forward playback, with no sound. So its not much useful.

Last edited:
I am also using a Samsung EVO 128gb from Amazon and it is working fine. I also had that same issue, it would go to 720p and 2x fast, which indicates a time lapse recording. As soon as I got home from work, I assumed it was going to parking mode. With the hardwire kit I bought, I initially didn't connect the yellow wire because the instructions says it's not needed if you're not going to use parking mode. I had a feeling the hardwire kit is having some issue and decided to tie the red and yellow wire together and hook add a fuse back. It's been fine ever since and took about 5 mins to crimp the wires together. Use both wires so it doesn't have an issue, unless you are using parking mode.

I am also using a Samsung EVO 128gb from Amazon and it is working fine. I also had that same issue, it would go to 720p and 2x fast, which indicates a time lapse recording. As soon as I got home from work, I assumed it was going to parking mode. With the hardwire kit I bought, I initially didn't connect the yellow wire because the instructions says it's not needed if you're not going to use parking mode. I had a feeling the hardwire kit is having some issue and decided to tie the red and yellow wire together and hook add a fuse back. It's been fine ever since and took about 5 mins to crimp the wires together. Use both wires so it doesn't have an issue, unless you are using parking mode.

If i intend to use the parking mode, and get the yellow wire connected to a fuse which goes live when i turn on my ignition, will it be working fine?. Right now i have connected the red wire to an always live fuse which will be live even when my cars ignition is off. I have intention to use the parking mode if the unit is working as expected, which is not untill now.!!

Another thing, have you checked the cameras Ui responsiveness or its performance when your memory card is filled up more than 100 GB?

Never tested it, but that's how it should be connected if you are going to use parking mode. If you want parking mode time lapse while parked, yellow needs to be connected to a switched power. Red needs to be constant and black ground. All three need to be connected correctly. IF you want full continuous recording even while parked and not go to time lapse (parking mode), then connect red and yellow together, then connect those to a constant power.

Day 5 update of mini 0906 testing.

Camera switching to 720p2 mode automatic: Solution, once cam turns on it will switch to 720p2 automatic. Need to go to settings and take resolution and remind the unit to take the selected resolution...It takes the 1080p resolution i have set there then.

This wont be a defect of the camera. Need to check after the yellow wire is connected.

Slowness still exists.
Stopping an ongoing recording and starting next will take nearly 15 secs. Seems cam taking time to save the clip.

Accessing settings menu still slow and tricky. Needs long clicks on up arrow.

Reliability issue:
Went for a drive and when i checked the recorded clips later the first phase of my trips recordings are lost.

For getting smaller clips I have been stopping and starting recordings by pressing the centre button. This is not a memory used up and old clips overwrite scenario i think. As i can see 7 gb still free in the memory card.

Heating up issue:
I have seen temperatures going up over 75 degress. Saw it rising till 78 degree celcius today.

The display was kept on most of the time. It was recording 1080p 30fps dual channel. So some heat is expected but if its heating up like this will this stand for longer 8 hour 9 hour drives continuous recordings??

Also i read like it will shut down if over 75 degress i guess.. But i saw 78 today and still it was running.

Remote still not working:
How to test if the camera is defective and stopped sensing the remote. Or the remote is defective?

Hi [U]Georjo[/U],
1, absolutely your camera are in Parking Guard mode because you haven't connect the Yellow wire so the hardwire kit will "think" your vehicle is parked because no voltage from yellow wire. So hardwire kit "order" camera to record 720P2. It is not a camera fault.
2, Slowness, i have a general direction. Please take off the rear camera then check if the camera will be slow anymore?
3, Went for a drive and when i checked the recorded clips later the first phase of my trips recordings are lost -----overwrited
4, As i can see 7 gb still free in the memory card ----- that is 5% space reservation.
5, 78degree C is normal. because this temperature is PCB/chipset temperature. I believe the air temperature is around 30degree C there?
6, you can turn off the screen by SCREEN OFF DELAY
7, auto shut down at 95C
8, remote controller, please press and check the small LED on controller body, if it is too weak it is battery out.

Hi [U]Georjo[/U],
1, absolutely your camera are in Parking Guard mode because you haven't connect the Yellow wire so the hardwire kit will "think" your vehicle is parked because no voltage from yellow wire. So hardwire kit "order" camera to record 720P2. It is not a camera fault.

Thanks for all the replies Rayman. yes i know its not a camera fault. Will try to connect the Yellow and use the parking mode.

I have a bit of confusion here. Once parking mode connection is done, what should be the ideal settings in the camera for reliable and smooth functioning, in terms of settings like, motion sensor, parking mode etc. I would like the camera to switch to max resolution dual cam mode with cloudy white balance when am driving.
I have noticed something like if motion sensor is on, the interface becomes more slow. So when am having parking mode connected, will the camera switch to non parking mode and will it turn off motion sensor once my car starts moving? Right now am keeping all these off.

2, Slowness, i have a general direction. Please take off the rear camera then check if the camera will be slow anymore?

I have already tried this. Am feeling slowness when am trying to switch to the settings and exit settings using the up arrrow.
Slowness is there when an ongoing recording has to be stopped and new one has to be started manually. it takes 15 seconds or more to save currrent clip and come back to active state, so tat i can click again and start next recording.

3, Went for a drive and when i checked the recorded clips later the first phase of my trips recordings are lost -----overwrited
4, As i can see 7 gb still free in the memory card ----- that is 5% space reservation.

Here i was using a 16 GB card, in which & GB was free. Seems the behaviour is not according to the 5% reservation set in the cam.ANyway this issue haven't repeated, will update if am seeing any pattern to reproduce it.

5, 78degree C is normal. because this temperature is PCB/chipset temperature. I believe the air temperature is around 30degree C there?

Yes it was around 30ish.

6, you can turn off the screen by SCREEN OFF DELAY

yes i was not keeping this as i needed to check the visuals coming into display as i drive. To check if any freezing happening.

Have a question on usage of power button. What happens if i press power button till the display is off while camera is recording? ie 2 presses when display on. First will switch display to rear cam and second will switchoff the display. Recording stops on this second press?
I have noticed something like camera goes into standby and turns off after sometime even if it was doing a recording.

7, auto shut down at 95C
ok
8, remote controller, please press and check the small LED on controller body, if it is too weak it is battery out.

yes i can see blue light coming. I can send a video to your mail on how it behaves when remote is pressed. I hope the battery is not an issue, still i have raised a concern and the dealer is about to send a new remote. Still not sure what can be done if the second remote also is not seen working. I hate to take all the installation out from car and send back again, as i got it installed through a local mechanic with much effort.

all cameras were test on the remote function, and all remote controller are test.
So it is not seemly have a hardware fault.

Latest update.

Using the new jan version of firmware.
Connected parking mode terminal also.

Slowness got reduced. Seems lot better now. Testing....

Did you ever get the remote problem solved?

Remote issue still exists. The remote works for first time start after pulling off power cable.

As its hardwired i keeps the cable connected, if am restarting the camera for second time and trying to use the remote, it never works. Looks like firmware issue in bluetooth pairing.

it works only when am trying to use it after a restart by pulling off and plugging back the power cable. I have got a second piece of remote also from the dealer, still issue remains.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T mini0906 13
RavenManiac mini0906 2
BRex mini0906 5
Back