Texas Constable Driving Like a Jerk

thomas-dash

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Pro Duo 4k, Viofo MT1
It's not the worst thing I've seen, but it irritated me how the constable accelerated and merged onto the highway ahead of the red car causing them to have to brake. I'm sure if the roles were reversed the red car would be pulled over.

I do feel professional drivers, like Police . truck drivers - bus drivers - taxi drivers ASO should be just about the best drivers on the road, but it do seem like often that is not the case.

BUT ! i still think like that CUZ it is the right thing to do, and i am not playing into the insanity of the world in regard to use of the lowest common denominator,,,, all i can say is "F" that, you should always compare to the very best, not some BS middle ground.
And i expect police to be damn good drivers and extremely well versed in the law, and so them self law abiding citizens with a high level of moral. ( and i know thats also not the case, but that is my standard and i an not diminishing it )

Not saying this is the case but there are times when a LEO might legitimately drive that, versus just being a jerk. Here's a link to an older article describing when and why it may happen.

@kamkar - I completely agree and I think this is why it irked me so much. Police ticket people left and right to "make roads safer", but then drive recklessly themselves often to ticket "reckless" drivers.

@DT MI - I get what you're saying and what the article is saying, but I found it hard to believe anything in the article after it said "police officers are expert drivers". Even if that statement were true, they still can't magically control the entire environment around them, as much as they would like to believe it.

The constable could have easily slowed down and left plenty of room for the red car to merge and still merged ahead of the red car. However, that would mean they would have missed the gap to get in front of the car. If they're in such a hurry to be driving that aggressively, then they should just put on their lights.

True the guy could have been in a hurry, they also are here some times, but then they at least turn on the lights to let people know.

Today they also released the findings of the #2 commission on the embarrassing Tibet scandal taking place years ago when the Chinese PM visited here.
As it turn out a severe pressure was put on the police by the ministry of foreign affairs to trump civil rights of Danes during this visit ( the right to get together and the right to protest )

And cops also know these basic rights of all Danes, but they choose to do the bidding of their superiors over the law they are there to uphold,,,,,, so from me pretty much no trust in any that was involved in this mess.
And i still demand that heads be rolling. :mad:

Here in SC USA police are allowed to drive up to 5MPH over the speed limit without lights or siren but you regularly see that greatly exceeded. It's well known that Cops don't ticket other Cops here. We've also has a few instances recently of cops causing at-fault crashes when not on an emergency call. The OP's vid from Texas doesn't surprise me, that State has always been a bit on the wild side!

Phil

probably just on his way to a trump rally lol lol

A cop here in town killed himself and wounded his partner, crashing the nice undercover Mercedes car car on the motorway, but its a year or two ago now.
Not many weeks a police car ended up in a house, and i dont think it was officially in pursuit / responding to anything, i have also heard rumors for decades of police like to race their cars.

undercover Mercedes car
This reminded me of a time I went to get gas in an area I just moved to about five years ago. As I'm pumping gas a bunch of unmarked and marked police cars pull up and surround a vehicle a few pumps over. There must have been 15 cops all with their guns drawn screaming at the guy to get out of the car.

I probably should have just put the pump back and left, but I decided to hang out on the other side of my car until my tank was full. That was my first and last time visiting that gas station.

well here if a cop pull his gun, he will be filing papers on that for a few days, and lord have mercy on him if he discharge it.

Even more so if a regular Dane pull a gun,,,,, cuz we cant have guns so 1: It would be highly illegal. 2: Jail time double if it is loaded,. 3: And if you discharge it in public,,,, well you will probably look like Gollum when you get out of jail.

I only had a gun pulled on me 1 time, it was a sawed off shotgun, this guy came to where we was having a good time with a bonfire and beer, he was dragging a metal frame for a bed and he wanted to throw that on the fire.
We told him metal dont burn and he was a idiot, and he should leave, and he also did but returned with a sports bag and the shotgun,,,,,, VS the 20 ppl or so we was there that evening,
In the end he was overpowered and the shotgun taken from him, and then he was severely beaten,,,,, which was kind of sad as by then we was long from where the fire was and right in front of his older mothers window with her watching.
But the police when they came had no problems, though they did insist of getting the shotgun, so the guy that secured it had to go home to get it.

O i forget, One night at a friends place with him not there as he was out on his MC to score some weed, this 2 guys walked in the door ( one a well known psychopath gangster ) the first thing he did was yell like a idiot and then pull out a Walther P38 and chamber it,,,,, again, cuz a 9 mm did go flying when he did that so it must already have been chambered.
That kind of ruined the mood in the room, and the guy also promptly assaulted the smallest guy there and ripped his shirt to pieces.

After a hour i left,,,,, forcing my way past the idiot in the small 1 room apartment, which by then had calmed down a little, he did give me attitude though but i just told him to "use that old POS or let me pass"

He was lucky / we all was i recon, 2 of us there was armed too, so it could have turned into a bloodbath, but many of us carried back then and no one ever got shot, aside for the guy that shot himself in the foot CUZ he was a idiot.

Today with even stricter gun and knife laws, people are stabbing and shooting left and right.
But it is extremely rare Danes that do that, it is mostly the immigrant gangsters fighting over the lucrative drug market.
We was also into that back then,,,, of course :oops: but no one ever shot anyone back then, a stern talking was enough to make someone settle his debt ASO, today they are snipping fingers off with gardening tools.

Animals :mad:

Oh joy. Yesterday and today's local news tell us of a Cop arrested for DUI after a crash around 10AM in the morning... in a patrol car... while on duty serving legal papers. He's been fired now, but drunk before noon and driving a patrol car? That's a seriously effed up individual, and you won't convince me there weren't plenty of signs that this guy had serious problems long before this happened.

Phil

Cops are accountable to nobody. One cop in Sydney caused a serious crash with an innocent driver when trying to catch someone using a mobile phone.
Doing at 140kph (85mph) in a 60kph zone (37mph) "....he had tried to use the lights and siren but the car's buttons did not work properly". He got a slap on the wrist and is still employed by the police.

Back