Text along the bottom of screen alternating between short and long?

Ste7en

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Thinkware F770 front & rear (hardwired).
Sorry, no idea what else to call it (meta data?). Anyway, our first dashcam and last night I downloaded a few clips to review and the text along the bottom of the screen alternates between long and short. No idea what it is, GPS data?
Is there a way to set it to one or the other as it is really annoying when trying to review footage.

I'm using an Android device and I have downloaded MX Player as I couldn't review footage (I had to download it to see it).

PS no idea what I'm doing :)

Thanks!

Turn the subtitles off in MX Player, i think it's a speech bubble near the top right when you touch the screen. That should do it!

Awesome! That worked. Thank you so much!

On a side note we are still worried about leaving it in the car. It isn't as hidden as much as I'd hoped as it had to be fitted within the reach of the wiper blades.

I think generally cameras are 'fairly' safe. We've only heard of about 3 that have been stolen in the 3.5 years we have done Thinkware. That said as with most things it probably depends where you park!

I would make sure the security LED is disabled at the front and perhaps a small piece of black tape over the rear blue led (as it's not possible to disable that on that model)

I asked the installers about leaving them in and they said that nobody bothers taking them out these days, I've been looking since and I have spotted a dozen or so in parked up cars.

I'm hoping it looks pretty cheap. I mean, it doesn't even have a screen (honest, it is cheap) so people won't bother looking :)

We have a blue badge (because of cancer) so we tend to park in fairly busy areas rather than way off in quiet areas of car parks and the car (a Mazda 3 fastback) has a Thatcham alarm and immobiliser as standard. So fingers crossed...

I even asked in Halfords and they said everyone just leaves them in now. They knew of one that had been stolen, because a customer forgot to lock his car overnight.

I'm fairly keen on keeping the blue light visible. You wouldn't believe the amount of cars that have dropped right back once they spot it :)

I have turned off the front end KIT lightshow.

Back