TF2+ Review by Techmoan

Yep, keen to see the colour balance changes too. Here is the change log for version 6 firmware.

EbBLyspx

PDF: https://db.tt/kOi9n9GE

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

almost all good, but why they disabled a WDR ? It's like one step forward with rising bit-rate and two steps back with disabling WDR. Or maybe I didn't understood something ?

almost all good, but why they disabled a WDR ? It's like one step forward with rising bit-rate and two steps back with disabling WDR. Or maybe I didn't understood something ?

Yep, I just emailed them then at service@vicovation.com. We'll see what they say and I'll report back and update :)

EDIT: Just found this Niko, WDR is directly applied as default which is why the feature to enable /disable is no longer present :)

Vico_113540.6+.jpg

Thanks Milamber I had been meaning to email support but it kept slipping my mind while the higher bit rate is nice as i have mentioned before in poor lighting situations the newer firmware looks a little worse then the older one, but things look okay during normal night driving with headlights and decent road lighting.

Looking forward to see what VicoVation has to say about the matter and personally hoping that manual user settings for WDR and Vico Schedule make a ruturn soon. Please do keep us posted with what you find out

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the reply:

Thx for your email.
The latest v6.6+ CS version for our Vico-TF2+ is the best image quality ever in all TF2+ SW version.
Users don't have to adjust image setting by themselves cause the default setting had been tuned to the best.
That's why we removed Vico-Schedule and WDR Option. The main idea is Automatic.
We had enhanced and fine-tuned the WDR performance and make it in the default setting. Should you have any question, pls feel free to let us know.

Vicovation Service Team.

Yep, I just emailed them then at service@vicovation.com. We'll see what they say and I'll report back and update :)

EDIT: Just found this Niko, WDR is directly applied as default which is why the feature to enable /disable is no longer present :)

Vico_113540.6+.jpg

Great! That makes more sense now. Good job Vico !

I guess i understand their reasoning and know people like when things are automatic, but I did prefer getting to set it myself for my specific conditions, and once i dial it in correctly and set up WDR and EV Vico-Schedule makes it automatic.

does any one have side on footage of this camera alongwith the marcus 3, i am due an upgrade and after initial reports of problems on the marcus 3 I think I may go fr a TF2+...

also i work alot at night on mobile patrols..... could these be enhanced with night vision ir leds... or is that automatic settings suitable for regular recording at night?

thanks in advance :)

Back