Thank you all!!

LAKKS

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
G1W-C (2014), Viofo A118C2 (2018), Viofo A129 Pro Duo (2021)
I noticed that my 2016 Viofo A118c2 dashcam is finally showing signs of needing replacement because it isn't saving files reliably and the dates are always January 1 2020. I thought about replacing the capacitors, but that was more trouble than I was willing to put up with.
I now have a Viofo A129 Pro Duo dual channel model sitting on my desk, waiting for me to have free time for installation. This model is much more expensive than the usual under $80 dashcams I've bought prior, so I hope I get several years out of it.
Thanks to Captureyouraction for great service and support! I saw him listed on the trusted sellers page and mentioned by users in the forums.

I read up on many A129 Pro posts, and I hope I don't run into setup and operation problems listed! But thank you to all the familiar faces who post solutions after all these years! I started here with my new G1W-C unit purchase somewhere around 2014!

You are welcome.

I like A129 Pro Duo. Before I had two A119 V3 cams in my car and had to use two memory cards. Now I have real 4K and only need to use one 256GB memory card.

I bought the San Disk 256gb High Endurance card that Captureyouraction recommended. All I need now is free time to install the unit!

I noticed that my 2016 Viofo A118c2 dashcam is finally showing signs of needing replacement because it isn't saving files reliably and the dates are always January 1 2020. I thought about replacing the capacitors, but that was more trouble than I was willing to put up with.
I now have a Viofo A129 Pro Duo dual channel model sitting on my desk, waiting for me to have free time for installation. This model is much more expensive than the usual under $80 dashcams I've bought prior, so I hope I get several years out of it.
Thanks to Captureyouraction for great service and support! I saw him listed on the trusted sellers page and mentioned by users in the forums.

I read up on many A129 Pro posts, and I hope I don't run into setup and operation problems listed! But thank you to all the familiar faces who post solutions after all these years! I started here with my new G1W-C unit purchase somewhere around 2014!

As you are in Southern California, it should be noted that the A129 Pro does have a history of overheating in hot weather. I believe there were several discussions made about the issue. So that being said, try to avoid parking in direct sunlight or leave windows cracked a bit.

Second, be sure your installation avoids the side curtains, if you own a newer vehicle. Never tuck wires over a pillar that contains a curtain. The proper means of installing includes removing the pillar and routing the cord BEHIND the curtain and never over.

As you are in Southern California, it should be noted that the A129 Pro does have a history of overheating in hot weather. I believe there were several discussions made about the issue. So that being said, try to avoid parking in direct sunlight or leave windows cracked a bit.

Second, be sure your installation avoids the side curtains, if you own a newer vehicle. Never tuck wires over a pillar that contains a curtain. The proper means of installing includes removing the pillar and routing the cord BEHIND the curtain and never over.

Thank you so much! I will run out and make sure I didn't route over the pillar bags.

Thank you so much! I will run out and make sure I didn't route over the pillar bags.

Hopefully you found that the installation was proper. If you did route over pillar bags, it's important to correct the installation, as it could compromise the safety features of your vehicle.

Thank you so much for the side curtain warning! I re-routed the cable behind the pillar airbag instead of below, where it would have snagged if the bag deployed! The optional 8 meter long rear camera cable is a foot short when routed along the floor trim, so I will have to experiment with re-routing until I can get some more slack. FYI I have a Honda Odyssey

Thank you so much for the side curtain warning! I re-routed the cable behind the pillar airbag instead of below, where it would have snagged if the bag deployed! The optional 8 meter long rear camera cable is a foot short when routed along the floor trim, so I will have to experiment with re-routing until I can get some more slack. FYI I have a Honda Odyssey

You're welcome. Routing along the headline is perfectly acceptable as long as the cable routes BEHIND / or Out of the way of the curtain. Never in front. And you need to do this for all areas where there's a side curtain. Wherever there's a pillar, you need to check if the pillar needs removed and curtain routed behind it. Having the wire sit below the in the headliner fine. You simply don't want to cross over it and prevent it from popping out.

See Post #21. It's a general "How To" of routing the wire to the rear hatch. Also it shows what I'm talking about on the side curtains. Generally, all newer vehicles have a curtain in the A-Pillar. And from there it becomes vehicle specific. But you simply never want to tuck the wire. Example below is a CRV. Again see post for more further explanation.

1638992752112.png

In the Scandinavian languages ( Danish - Swedish - Norwegian ) LAKS means salmon ( just one k )
So to me fishy username you have :giggle:

In the Scandinavian languages ( Danish - Swedish - Norwegian ) LAKS means salmon ( just one k )
So to me fishy username you have :giggle:
I will have to invent something that "kamkar" means in California! :LOL:

You're welcome. Routing along the headline is perfectly acceptable as long as the cable routes BEHIND / or Out of the way of the curtain. Never in front. And you need to do this for all areas where there's a side curtain. Wherever there's a pillar, you need to check if the pillar needs removed and curtain routed behind it. Having the wire sit below the in the headliner fine. You simply don't want to cross over it and prevent it from popping out.

See Post #21. It's a general "How To" of routing the wire to the rear hatch. Also it shows what I'm talking about on the side curtains. Generally, all newer vehicles have a curtain in the A-Pillar. And from there it becomes vehicle specific. But you simply never want to tuck the wire. Example below is a CRV. Again see post for more further explanation.

View attachment 59254
This looks similar to what the side curtain looks like in my Odyssey. I went behind the front pillar portion, but I still need to move the cable to a better position starting from the midpoint to the rear. It is a long run from the front to the back hatch in the Odyssey! The 6 meter cable didn't come close to being long enough, so good thing Captureyouraction swapped it with an 8 meter cable! I will try routing it under the rear panel instead of following the edge, so maybe that will give me the extra length I need. Thank you!!!!

The Pro Duo has been operating trouble free so far, and having front and rear video files sure clutters the directory, but that is to be expected. I have the camera set to remind me to format the memory chip monthly. I just ordered the remote bluetooth button from Captureyouraction, so I don't have to reach under the rear view mirror if I want to save a file. I have to say again that Captureyouraction went out of his way to take care of my purchase and follow-up!

This looks similar to what the side curtain looks like in my Odyssey. I went behind the front pillar portion, but I still need to move the cable to a better position starting from the midpoint to the rear. It is a long run from the front to the back hatch in the Odyssey! The 6 meter cable didn't come close to being long enough, so good thing Captureyouraction swapped it with an 8 meter cable! I will try routing it under the rear panel instead of following the edge, so maybe that will give me the extra length I need. Thank you!!!!

You're welcome. If you want to post pictures of how you've mounted camera, routed wires, etc it would be helpful so that we can offer any suggestions or corrections that may be necessary. In the mean time, I hope my guide was able to assist you in getting everything setup correctly.

Feel free to shoot any further questions or solicit feedback. The reason the forum exists is so we can help one another out.

The Pro Duo has been operating trouble free so far, and having front and rear video files sure clutters the directory, but that is to be expected. I have the camera set to remind me to format the memory chip monthly. I just ordered the remote bluetooth button from Captureyouraction, so I don't have to reach under the rear view mirror if I want to save a file. I have to say again that Captureyouraction went out of his way to take care of my purchase and follow-up!

Couple Suggestions:

1. Make sure you've gone through settings and enabled G-Sensor. Low Sensitivity will take more force to register and High Sensitivity will pick up far more events. I generally set my driving G-Sensor to Medium and Parking G-Sensor to High.

I don't want every bump in the road to register an event. But I do want parking mode to be extra sensitive if say a cart or someone's door hits my car.

2. Be sure to enable Low Bitrate Parking Mode. Turn off Any timers. Disable Motion. It's best the camera records in real time while parked. It won't run down your battery so long as the voltage cutoff is set to 12.2. And when it hits 12.2 (50%) the camera turns off.

Couple Suggestions:

1. Make sure you've gone through settings and enabled G-Sensor. Low Sensitivity will take more force to register and High Sensitivity will pick up far more events. I generally set my driving G-Sensor to Medium and Parking G-Sensor to High.

I don't want every bump in the road to register an event. But I do want parking mode to be extra sensitive if say a cart or someone's door hits my car.

2. Be sure to enable Low Bitrate Parking Mode. Turn off Any timers. Disable Motion. It's best the camera records in real time while parked. It won't run down your battery so long as the voltage cutoff is set to 12.2. And when it hits 12.2 (50%) the camera turns off.
Funny you should mention the voltage! The camera was acting funny on Friday, and I didn't know the cause, which turned out to be my car battery being completely dead in the morning! It was a 3 year battery, but I had it in the car a few months short of 5 years. I thought it was a 5 year battery, but I was wrong!!!!! :D

I have received the remote Bluetooth button the other day, which isn't pairing after several tries. I'll browse the forum again for a solution.

I have the BT button. which i can pair to either the T130 or the A139 cameras just fine, though i do think if both cameras are on when i long press the button to pair it, it will not connect to any of the 2 cameras.

I have found that if the Bluetooth button won‘t pair, defaulting the cameras settings will usually fix it.
Hmmmm.......worth a try. Do you mean by using the reset button on the side?

Hmmmm.......worth a try. Do you mean by using the reset button on the side?
No, there is an option in the cameras settings to default the settings. Try pairing after defaulting. You will then need to adjust your settings again.

I reset to default using the option in the camera settings and the remote still didn’t pair.
I will try the reset button next.

Back