Thanks to the members of DashCamTalk

Paul Schmehl

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Street Guardian SG9663DCPRO (front cam only)
I want to thank the members of this forum. The information found here is invaluable when you're trying to learn about dash cams - especially for the technical details that make a difference. @jokiin, @Dashmellow, @SawMaster, @traveler, @Pixel K., @Yooshaw, @Pier28, @SuperGoop, @lacibaci, @billyclub, @Mozzie, @viofo, @Viking and @hanstj have all been very helpful to me.

I want you to know I appreciate the depth of knowledge you have and your patient answers. It's nice to be on a forum where insults aren't flying constantly and newbies are treated with respect.

The only bad thing is as more we learn, the more we know, we don't know. I took also me month to study and read blog, to see witch camera there is good, no go and where to buy.
I have also got lot of support from people here. Some time I got gray hair other time a big laugh. Thanks to the forum.

Nothing worse than people that talk down to new members on any forum I think, without exception every single member here knew absolutely nothing about dashcams at some point in time
One of the things I like about this forum is that many non-native English speakers post here, and no one corrects their grammar or spelling or makes fun of the way the express themselves. That's rare enough on the internet to be noticeable and commendable.

I gotta tell ya. I seriously don't think I could drive in Great Britain or other countries where they drive on the left. If I ever went to one of those countries, I would have to hire a driver. Otherwise I'd be a danger to the public.

One of the things I like about this forum is that many non-native English speakers post here, and no one corrects their grammar or spelling or makes fun of the way the express themselves.

that's another pet hate of mine, I communicate in broken English pretty much every day so am used to working out what people mean even when it might not be that obvious, it's not really that hard and a damn site more polite to ask to clarify than it is to correct people on their spelling or grammar

I want to thank the members of this forum. The information found here is invaluable when you're trying to learn about dash cams - especially for the technical details that make a difference. @jokiin, @Dashmellow, @SawMaster, @traveler, @Pixel K., @Yooshaw, @Pier28, @SuperGoop, @lacibaci, @billyclub, @Mozzie, @viofo, @Viking and @hanstj have all been very helpful to me.

I want you to know I appreciate the depth of knowledge you have and your patient answers. It's nice to be on a forum where insults aren't flying constantly and newbies are treated with respect.
I don't think any of us who know enough to help others do it to get any sort of special recognition. A simple hit on the "Like" button is enough.

(...) I communicate in broken English pretty much every day (...)
So much that at times I wonder if you're really a native speaker. :p;)

I seriously don't think I could drive in Great Britain or other countries where they drive on the left. If I ever went to one of those countries, I would have to hire a driver. Otherwise I'd be a danger to the public.
Hahaha, if you think driving on the "wrong" side of the road is complicated you should try driving in a country full of roundabouts where more than half the drivers don't know how to drive in them! :D If you ever come to Portugal I don't think you'll want to be on the road, even with a hired driver! :p

Hahaha, if you think driving on the "wrong" side of the road is complicated you should try driving in a country full of roundabouts where more than half the drivers don't know how to drive in them! :D If you ever come to Portugal I don't think you'll want to be on the road, even with a hired driver! :p
The roundabouts terrify me. Every video I've watched is confusing. I think I'll just say close to home. :D

One of the things I like about this forum is that many non-native English speakers post here, and no one corrects their grammar or spelling or makes fun of the way the express themselves. That's rare enough on the internet to be noticeable and commendable.

Some non-native English speakers here keep apologizing for their poor English yet their language and writing skills are occasionally better than certain native speakers here on DCT.

As a member here for three years now I often delight in seeing some member's English language skills improve by leaps and bounds the longer they participate here. I've come to believe that spending time on a conversational internet forum can be a great way to learn a foreign language, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.

Last edited:
I gotta tell ya. I seriously don't think I could drive in Great Britain or other countries where they drive on the left. If I ever went to one of those countries, I would have to hire a driver. Otherwise I'd be a danger to the public.

The roundabouts terrify me. Every video I've watched is confusing. I think I'll just say close to home. :D

If you are ever in India(RHD). Chandigarh will give you a heart attack, maybe in the passenger seat too! Can't drive without a roundabout every 100 metres or so, not exaggerating. Supposedly the most well planned city in the country.

I've come to believe that spending time on a conversational internet forum can be a great way to learn a foreign language, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
And lots of new words, too. ;)

We aim to please :)

The roundabouts terrify me. Every video I've watched is confusing.
Rules differ a lot from country to country and sometimes even from roundabout to roundabout, but they all have the same simple rule: you have to give way to anyone already inside them. As for the rest of the roundabout rules, well, if I had to give you a more understandable example of how they work, I'd give you the Portuguese example: we have only one set of rules, regarding entering and exiting lanes and what motorists can and cannot do in roundabouts, that apply to every roundabout, no matter what. You'd probably would understand better how they work and be less "terrified", but like I said, you probably couldn't drive the same way in other countries.

No problem there. As a matter of fact, those mini roundabouts in each entrance/exit are one of the most ingenious solutions I've seen to prevent all the traffic going to the nearest exits from having to go around the center plate.

They'll build one near you just so you don't miss the fun :eek: They're doing that here where 3/4 of the drivers have no idea of what to do and because of that traffic flow is worse than before.

Glad we could help and Jokin is right- we all started out not knowing any more than you. I still don't know 10% of what the real experts here know. Their educating me is what allows me to help others so the kudos belong to them.

We've all surfed the web for places to interact and a lot of those places are garbage. My hangouts have become only the nice places like DCT where excellent people prevail and remind us that there is still sunshine in an often dark online world. I pledge to always try to be as good as those here before me who made DCT so good.

Phil

They'll build one near you just so you don't miss the fun :eek: They're doing that here where 3/4 of the drivers have no idea of what to do and because of that traffic flow is worse than before.

Glad we could help and Jokin is right- we all started out not knowing any more than you. I still don't know 10% of what the real experts here know. Their educating me is what allows me to help others so the kudos belong to them.

We've all surfed the web for places to interact and a lot of those places are garbage. My hangouts have become only the nice places like DCT where excellent people prevail and remind us that there is still sunshine in an often dark online world. I pledge to always try to be as good as those here before me who made DCT so good.

Phil
Agree

Thats not a roundabout, that's a mental mistake of traffic planners of Swindon, and that thing is complicated on a level you cant really ask human drivers to handle.

What tell its a huge mistake is the keep clear painted on the road, if you are in a situation where you need to tell motorists where not to be, then you are in a state of emergency.

Back