The camera generates broken RAW files?

huhu2207

Reaction score
Country
China
Hi all,

I tried these two codes in autoexec.ash but both of them generates a broken RAW file, which cannot be opened. Meanwhile when I use the first one, I did can take 1296p30 videos and open the output files successfully.

The first of the code is:

t app test debug_dump 14
writew 0xC05C28A6 0x41F0
writeb 0xC0697626 0x02

The second one is:

t cal -raw 2 1 0

They can generate RAW still pictures but the files cannot be opened.

BTW, my Xiaomi camera hardware revision is Z22 and running firmware 1.0.12. The RAW viewer (or editing) softwares on my computers are Adobe Lightroom 5 for Mac and Windows 8 built-in picture viewer. Neither of them can open the RAW files from Xiaomi but they can open the RAW files from my Cannon DSLR cameras.

Xiao RAW is in different format than from your DSLR. It was already discovered which one (you'd have to search for it in this forum), but the quality was awful.
The camera shoots in ISO values around 1600, outside around 1000 thus producing MUCH noise, which is then smoothened by SW. Also it was "bit" greenish...

Xiao RAW is in different format than from your DSLR. It was already discovered which one (you'd have to search for it in this forum), but the quality was awful.
The camera shoots in ISO values around 1600, outside around 1000 thus producing MUCH noise, which is then smoothened by SW. Also it was "bit" greenish...

Sorry, I searched the forum but I found nothing...

So, can you tell me the differences of the RAW formats between Xiaomi and DSLR cameras?

i don't know it from the top of my head, i would have to search for it myself.

So, can you tell me the differences of the RAW formats between Xiaomi and DSLR cameras?
It's a "raw" RAW file directly from the sensor without any exposure data. Use raw2dng I posted in the other thread to convert RAW to DNG which can be opened almost with every raw conversion tool.

It's a "raw" RAW file directly from the sensor without any exposure data. Use raw2dng I posted in the other thread to convert RAW to DNG which can be opened almost with every raw conversion tool.

Emm.. I tried raw2dng and it reported "This ain't a lv_rec RAW file"

What exact size are your RAW files?
Uuh, I tried the raw2dng from magic lantern and it shows the error but when I tried yours (via GUI) and it works. Thanks~!

Okay I converted the picture and edited by ufraw.

Attachments

• QQ截图20150601211419.jpg
    QQ截图20150601211419.jpg
    617.6 KB · Views: 55
I tried yours (via GUI) and it works. Thanks~!
Anyway we have to extract and use data from YDXJxxxx.TXT file which is generated during RAW capture. Our pure RGGB files are pretty useless and at least too hard to process.

I saw some decent debayered raw files on that russian forum.. would like to know what software they are using for debayering

Uuh, I tried the raw2dng from magic lantern and it shows the error but when I tried yours (via GUI) and it works. Thanks~!
As I said before, the raw2dng CAN NOT ACCEPT any chinese charactors in the folder name & file name. Please move the files to another folders with only english name.

As I said before, the raw2dng CAN NOT ACCEPT any chinese charactors in the folder name & file name. Please move the files to another folders with only english name.
Okay, thanks. :)

Okay I converted the picture and edited by ufraw.

hello,
I am able to generate raw pictures from my xiaomi but can't work with the raw pictures...

i am on linux (ubuntu) and i am not able to convert raw to dng (or something else). I tried a lot of tools (https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/xyc-xiaomi-yi-configurator.13285/page-3#post-239985). ufraw fails with this error "unsupported file format".

Can you post the settings that you used to convert raw pictures.

Thanks!

I'm investigating about using Xiaomi Yi RAW files under GNU/Linux. I noticed they are RAW RGGB Bayer so cannot be open directly with dcraw/ufraw/rawtherapee.

I found the website of raw2dng and the source code of the last available version is public.

http://e2500.narod.ru/raw2dng_e.htm

It isn't portable so I made some minor changes to compile with g++ under GNU/Linux, obtaining a working raw2dng and raw2nef command line tools.

Now I can convert single shot RAW files with this configuration:

31850496, 0, 4608, 3456, 7, 9216, 16, 4, XIAOMI-YI

Then I can open the DNG with rawtherapee. I noticed that colors are a bit flat and without auto white balance pictures are "reddish" and dark. I have to investigate further (and any suggestion is welcome!).

The problem is that I wanna use time lapse. In this case the Xiaomi Yi produces compressed RAW files of ~13MiB (and I don't want to use script for time lapse because I want to be free to change shooting mode with the app). With this configuration I can convert RAW files to DNG:

13492224, 0, 4608, 3456, 7, 3904, 16, 4, XIAOMI-YI-COMP

I can open DNG in rawtherapee and I can glimpse the picture (sort of... compressed of the left, using 1/3 of the lenght of the image and with altered colors), but in fact they are unusable... I'm close but I think there is a bits order/depth problem (or there is A-law or DPCM compression?)... and it cannot be solved simply with the configuration parameters...

I wrote to paul69 asking him to collaborate, but it seems a project abandoned in 2005~2006. I cannot find Copyright on the website or in the comments of the source code and there is not a LICENSE file or so. I could submit the project on my github account, but it would be a bit abusive... I would prefer collaborate with paul69. In case he will not reply me, I'll submit the code to github by myself (as a fork, with credits).

I'm looking for the IMX206 datasheet or any other tech spect that can help me to understand compressed RAW format.

Last edited:
Back