The circle is complete, I'm so happy.

sludgeguts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius x3, G1W held as spare.
So, in my earlier thread (let the lying begin) I had a witness stop and give me their details - where everyone else just drove on by.

Yesterday, as I approached a roundabout, I saw two cars waiting to my right. One in the left lane, one in the right lane.
As that road is, effectively, a T junction, the lanes are obviously left & right only since the exits are not wide enough for 2 cars.
As they set off, the car in the left lane swung right, straight into a 14 plate, top of the range, fully loaded Beemer driven by a woman.

The car in front of me drove around them & on their way. I, being a good citizen stopped & offered my services as a witness & camera footage... circle complete. Unfortunately, I had to pull in front otherwise I'd be blocking the exit off the roundabout.
I wrote my details on a bit of paper & got out - to see the bloke (who was in the left lane) having a go "stupid woman, bl**dy BMW drivers, could you not see I was indicating etc etc.
I calmed them down, saying let insurance deal, nobody hurt etc, standing by the road shouting at each other is pointless, swap details & carry on with your journey,
She didn't have a pen & paper. Fortunately, the bit of paper with my details on was blank on the back so he doesn't know she has a witness.:D
I'm popping round her house later with the video.
I'd love to know what lies he tells his insurance - but from my angle I could see that he clearly was not indicating & there's no lights showing on the camera footage. :D

So, in my earlier thread (let the lying begin) I had a witness stop and give me their details - where everyone else just drove on by.

Yesterday, as I approached a roundabout, I saw two cars waiting to my right. One in the left lane, one in the right lane.
As that road is, effectively, a T junction, the lanes are obviously left & right only since the exits are not wide enough for 2 cars.
As they set off, the car in the left lane swung right, straight into a 14 plate, top of the range, fully loaded Beemer driven by a woman.

The car in front of me drove around them & on their way. I, being a good citizen stopped & offered my services as a witness & camera footage... circle complete. Unfortunately, I had to pull in front otherwise I'd be blocking the exit off the roundabout.
I wrote my details on a bit of paper & got out - to see the bloke (who was in the left lane) having a go "stupid woman, bl**dy BMW drivers, could you not see I was indicating etc etc.
I calmed them down, saying let insurance deal, nobody hurt etc, standing by the road shouting at each other is pointless, swap details & carry on with your journey,
She didn't have a pen & paper. Fortunately, the bit of paper with my details on was blank on the back so he doesn't know she has a witness.:D
I'm popping round her house later with the video.
I'd love to know what lies he tells his insurance - but from my angle I could see that he clearly was not indicating & there's no lights showing on the camera footage. :D
Good for you. We need more of this nowadays :)

Good for you. Lucky for "woman".
Have been viewing my recordings and it's boring. Having a dashcam have made me very cautious.

TBH, it's a no-brainer. I spend the day mainly avoiding the many idiots on the roads. I know all too well from personal experience that these loonies, despite being in the wrong, lie through their back teeth to their insurance & without a witness/camera to back you up, teir 100% fault suddenly becomes 50/50 & your insurance is affected for years to come.
Anything I can do to make the lives of these idiots as miserable as possible... :D

And then there's the woman, nobody should have to put up with a muppet shouting at them.

After I had an accident where some clown passed me on the right in a break down lane as I was pulling into a gas station and basically took the whole side off my car. I was indicating a turn and did everything right. He of course lied about what happened and if not for witnesses it would have been his word against mine. Every since then if I see something I will stop and offer to be a witness. Hard enough to get along in this world without the aholes messing it up for everyone.

when my wife was rear-ended a few years back, nobody stopped to be a witness. then again, the other guy's 3 car lengths of skidmarks leading up to the back of our van (well, and the fact that the van was a total write-off despite still being worth almost $20k) was witness enough that he was excessively speeding. but people didn't even slow down in the next lane when we were trying to get out of the car. car couldn't move anymore since the bodywork was mashed into the wheels in the back, so it wasn't like we could clear the road.

Gibson, next time have somebody from your car lie down on the road, and pretend they are dead.
People slow down to look at that, some even come to a dead stop and gawk.
:)

;)Is she "worth it" ?
Seemed nice enough although hard to tell as she had a headscarf & black thingy covering her from under her chin to trailing on the floor. She also had 2 very young kids in car seats in the back.
Oh, and apparently, God will bless me.

Mind you, when you get to my age, you tend to be less fussy:D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
traficam cape town Dash Cam Discussion 11
Back