The clip on anti-reflection lens, how many use them?

I prefer the low-key design w/o the brackets. The one on my 500 worked perfectly!

I plan to add some of the DR500 designs (including the no-bracket design), properly modified to fit the DR650. I made a mistake with the original DR650 offerings, depending on measurements made by someone else and not actually testing the fit. Now that I have a DR650-1CH I won't make the same mistake, and the fit will be verified. An interested owner of the DR650-2CH plans to loan me his rear camera so I can do a design for the rear camera. That may be a while, however.

I plan to add some of the DR500 designs (including the no-bracket design), properly modified to fit the DR650. I made a mistake with the original DR650 offerings, depending on measurements made by someone else and not actually testing the fit. Now that I have a DR650-1CH I won't make the same mistake, and the fit will be verified. An interested owner of the DR650-2CH plans to loan me his rear camera so I can do a design for the rear camera. That may be a while, however.

Sweet. I only need the front. Looking forward to the new design.

Thanks!

LOL. So sorry to be that someone who didn't have a chance to actually check the fit for you;)

It would seem to me that a good design would be one that provides a cone that would directly contact the windshield (screen). Being as there are an infinite number of shapes, distances and angles to consider this would be difficult. But, if one could mount the camera (and cone) in such a way as to eliminate any source of light except what comes through the glass (inside the cone) the reflection problem would not exist.

It would seem to me that a good design would be one that provides a cone that would directly contact the windshield (screen). Being as there are an infinite number of shapes, distances and angles to consider this would be difficult. But, if one could mount the camera (and cone) in such a way as to eliminate any source of light except what comes through the glass (inside the cone) the reflection problem would not exist.
Hmmm...

The cone would have to be wide enough to reach the top and bottom of the windshield, and reach to the "A" pillars at the left and right edges of the windshield. That would be a very big cone! :rolleyes:

Anyhow, that is the field of view of any dashcam I've used, so the cone would have to be that big in order to not block the field of view.

Also, how would the driver see through the windshield if it were entirely blocked by a cone?

A cone? Wouldn't it then look like this?

Attachments

• Untitled-1.png
    Untitled-1.png
    238.9 KB · Views: 22
:D Ok.. dumb idea, but it would eliminate glare.. But seriously, the size of the cone would depend on how close the lens of the camera is to the glass..

I received the newer-design 650 bracket about three weeks ago, just in time for a two-week, 4,500-mile road trip. It worked perfectly, even on the rough roads across Texas and Louisiana! The filter never came loose or moved at all.

Not an issue with the bracket itself, but I just barely was able to use the bracket and filter without having to remove and remount my camera. I mounted the camera such that the lens was already pretty close to the windshield, so there was not much room to add in the extra depth and larger diameter of the filter/bracket combo. I did have to rotate the camera body a bit to make it fit, but it did not negatively affect my field of view...just added a bit more hood to the image.

Anyway...thanks erewhon for your design work and for making it available. I also think you should add a buck or two to the price to compensate yourself.

Back