The daily annoyances: Indicators!

CrosstownTee

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Dash Cam
GS90C Ambarella A7LA70
There wasn't a gap, really. And no blinkers.
Still the Ford Focus managed to merge! :censored:

Then he discovered he did have indicators. Even used them.
We can get on with our lives again. :)

its probably a mystery as to whether he used his mirrors... imagine if the filtering bikes had been to your right, not left

I wouldn't even try to get into such a small hole, i think its inconsiderate and bad form and at best a sign of poor planning and situational awareness, and when people do the same to me i become extremely aggravated, becuz i mostly see it when some A-hole want to gain 1 place in the line of cars.

I wouldn't even try to get into such a small hole, i think its inconsiderate and bad form and at best a sign of poor planning and situational awareness, and when people do the same to me i become extremely aggravated, becuz i mostly see it when some A-hole want to gain 1 place in the line of cars.
Exactly!

its probably a mystery as to whether he used his mirrors... imagine if the filtering bikes had been to your right, not left
I know, right? Fortunately bikers in Belgium very rarely filter between lane 1 and 2... They're usually filtering near the fast lane. But still!

Indicators? You mean "those props that are there just for decoration"? :mad:

Since so many cars come with automatic lights now, they really should just stop installing the left stalk on the column.
You mean indicators that would turn automatically on when the driver turns the steering wheel? Oh, that would be a lot of fun to watch! :ROFLMAO:

Then make wipers full auto in every car and eliminate the right stalk.
And then how were the drivers supposed to wipe a dirty windscreen when it's not raining? :rolleyes:

No, they should simply stop installing turn signals for the same reason they stopped installing cigarette lighters - nobody uses them anymore!

They could put a "wash" button on the dash. In fact some mfr's already do, though that's usually just for the rear, or maybe the headlights.

You mean indicators that would turn automatically on when the driver turns the steering wheel?

People drive this way anyway. I was behind a van 2 days ago on a dual carriageway, the car alongside the van moved changed lane and indicated at the very same time as if that feature was standard on their car

...and indicated at the very same time as if that feature was standard on their car
At least it was at the same time. Around here the indicators come on when they're about halfway into the adjacent lane. :rolleyes:(n)

The argument would still stand then.... "Well I indicated so it's your fault" :D

The argument would still stand then.... "Well I indicated so it's your fault" :D
That raises a question for me. I've heard that indicating in the U.K. gives the driver the right-of-way - is that true? In the U.S. it just a means for the driver to indicate what he/she wants to do but confers no right to do so.

That raises a question for me. I've heard that indicating in the U.K. gives the driver the right-of-way - is that true? In the U.S. it just a means for the driver to indicate what he/she wants to do but confers no right to do so.

No, it really isn't but so many drivers think it does, its absolutely insane!!

No, it really isn't but so many drivers think it does, its absolutely insane!!
That's what I thought. I'm sure I read somewhere (possibly here on DCT) that courts in some instances are sympathetic to drivers who indicate and are subsequently involved in an 'incident' saying the other driver should have yielded. Maybe I just read into a comment something that wasn't really there. :eggface:

That's what I thought. I'm sure I read somewhere (possibly here on DCT) that courts in some instances are sympathetic to drivers who indicate and are subsequently involved in an 'incident' saying the other driver should have yielded. Maybe I just read into a comment something that wasn't really there. :eggface:

That was a worrying thought of mine a few days ago, upon the scenario of a vehicle indicating and basically bullying their way into your path, could you be then found at fault for failing to prevent a collision if it's deemed that you could have had sufficient time to react(?) despite the fact they're immorally in the wrong by being an arrogant scumbag. I expect insurers then share the blame between both parties, basically giving the aggressor some right of way.

You see a lot on the russian clips, the vehicle "in the right" decides to be stubborn and not let someone in, resulting in serious scraping down the sides of both cars!

upon the scenario of a vehicle indicating and basically bullying their way into your path, could you be then found at fault for failing to prevent a collision if it's deemed that you could have had sufficient time to react(?)
"Hah! You may have used your indicators to signal your intent to perform an illegal and dangerous manoeuvre, but I rolled double 6 and blasted you with my horn to negate your indicator's effect. Let's see what the dungeon master magistrate has to say about it."

Impunity reigns in the streets and roads worldwide. Many drivers (too many, if you ask me) think that the road rules are mere suggestions and they are only to be followed and obeyed when the law enforcement is around. Since the LE is not around 90% of the time, disobeying the rules becomes sort of the norm. It's like when an incorrect or wrong word is repeated too many times, after a while there's no alternative but to make it part of the dictionary. :(

"Hah! You may have used your indicators to signal your intent to perform an illegal and dangerous manoeuvre, but I rolled double 6 and blasted you with my horn to negate your indicator's effect. Let's see what the dungeon master magistrate has to say about it."

How often do you see the "offender" completely ignoring the horn though?! They don't even flinch, they don't react and they never apologise either!

How often do you see the "offender" completely ignoring the horn though?!

Every time. They know exactly what they are doing, and are banking on you yielding just before a collision. They are also banking on the fact that you will be held partly to blame if you don't yield. And in working that way, the law is encouraging such dangerous driving.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Back