The Definitive [Xiaomi Yi RAW] Guide

schnurbi

Reaction score
Country
Andorra
I feel we need someone to write up how this works.
These are the Lines of code that enable RAW:
Code:
#enable raw+jpeg stills
t app test debug_dump 14

Put these in your autoexec.ash script.
Now every Pic you snap comes with a RAW file attached.

Postprocessing:
I attached the utility RAW2DNG for postprocessing, configured by nutsey.
Just drag your RAW files in there, set it to Xiaomi Yi format and convert.

Now, drag the converted DNG files onto the Yi-correct-RAW.bat.
It will automatically adjust your DNGs to look correct.

You can now edit the files in Photoshop/Lightroom/etc.
I also included my own Yi Lightroom/Camera Raw Lens Profile,
which you may use to remove the fisheye effect and vignetting from your RAW pictures.
It is not perfect, play around with amount of correction of vignette and distortion.
It goes here:
C:\Users\[YOU]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0

If you have any questions, just ask. :)

NEW Version with counter for Correction Script.

http://www.fatpigtures.com/software/XiaomiYiRAW-v2.zip

Last edited:
if Yi-correct-RAW and exiftool are not in the same folder as dng files, it will not work

exiftool and Yi-correct-RAW have to be in the same folder. just keep it like I packaged it. then for me it works. But it can depend on your computers settings. If you want to make sure, you can change exiftool line in Yi-Correct-RAW to the absolute location, so for example replace
exiftool
with
"C:\Data\exiftool.exe"
or similar.

yeah.. i found a way.. just for someone else to know if they get the same problem :)

btw.. I tried to use that profile, and I cant make it work.. 5.4 lightroom and 6.. not working.. or at least I cant make it happen to show up in LR.. tired to follow few online guides how to do it.. and its not showing up.. any solution for that ?

The lens profile goes here:
C:\Users\[YOU]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0

Script not functionnaly on my Yi Z221 and Firmware 1.2.6 :-(
Other script is good but you it does not work....
After taking the picture I is not raw file..

#enable raw+jpeg stills
t app test debug_dump 14

I have that script and I have Z221 with 1.2.6 fw and its working for me

@schnurbi
exiftool does the job for the light-dark correction. how about the RAW color correction ? any instructions?

as soon as you finish with exiftool, you can treat these like any other RAW DNG file from any camera. I use Photoshop and Lightroom. But there are free alternatives.

Here are my test sample of RAW+JPG, sure the RAW DNG files can be opened in Ps or Lr.

JPG DEFAULT:
JPG-DEFAULT.jpg
RAW DEFAULT:
RAW-DEFAULT.jpg
BLACK & WHITE LEVEL CORRECTION (exiftool):
BLACK-WHITE-LEVEL-CORRECTION.jpg
WHITE BALANCE CORRECTION (is it possible in exiftool):
???

Can you do something more via exiftool adjusting the white balance, the RAW DNG will look more alike the default jpg?

just adjust raw file in Lightroom.. its like one click :)

correct. take your RAW file into any RAW processing software. you do not need exiftool to do this. Photoshop, Lightroom, etc.

I can´t open RAW2DNG why? just stay in
Taskbar, i can´t open with it...

Hello and Welcome everyone
Im using the same script, but my RAWs are only 13MB in size and converter gives me an error ( unsupported file )
I know that when I used the scripts for the first time files were around 30MB and they were converted at that time...

Anyone know what might be wrong ?

Regards

same problem, like I said.. no one did find solution , yet.. maybe if more guys had the same problem , someone would help .. dont know
still no fix on my side.. but I use this script, and it works ( since I dont have to connect to camera with this script )

sleep 7
#RAW+JPG
t app test debug_dump 14
sleep 1
#MAIN LOOP thanx VOTerra
while true
do
t app key shutter
sleep 5
done

This is the only into that you have in *.ash file ?

depends what I need I edit that file.. did test few things with sleep 8 and other times.. and still working on my things, like to delete jpg files, since I dont need them, or to lower quality of jpg files.. but thats the base on witch I build

schnurbi, can you tell me, is it possible to add some noise reduction in that batch file you have, when processing dng file ?

edit:
-BaselineNoise=10 -BaselineSharpness=1 -whitebalance=auto

would it be something like this ?
not sure about whitebalance or will it work, but at least first 2 should.. still testing, but I think that is it

Last edited by a moderator:
When I try to adjust dng image, obtained by RAW2DNG, dragging into the Yi-correct-RAW.bat nothing seems to happen and I cannot open the dng image with GIMP.

Exiftool and Yi-Correct-RAW are in the same folder.

I also tried to change exiftool line in Yi-Correct-RAW to the absolute location
and to execute Yi-correct-RAW.bat for the iamge in a dos window but I still have the same problem.

Is it a problem with GIMP or did I miss something?

Back