The difference between various Mobius models

DocHudson

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello folks,

I am checking buymobius.com and for their Mobius dashcam (one with 1080p), there seems to be various combinations of lens and battery/capacitor. Can anyone tell me how do they differ and whats the advantage of one over the other?

Few that I can find on their website,
- Wide Angle Mobius ActionCam 1080p HD Camera (Lens C2 / V3 / 820 mAh) - $77.99
- *Wide Angle Lens C2 Mobius Dash Camera Kit With Supercapacitor $95.99
- 90 Degree Mobius ActionCam 1080p Full HD Video Camera Standard Edition (V3 / Lens A90 / 820mAh) $75.97 (Is this outgoing model?)
- Mobius ActionCam 1080p Full HD Video Camera Standard Edition (V3 / Lens A / 820mAh) $75.99
- Wide Angle Lens Mobius Actioncam (V3 / C2 / Supercapacitor) $77.99

From this
- What is V3, version 3, firmware or something?
- What is the difference between Lens A, Lens A90 and Lens C2?
- What is the difference between battery and supercapacitor when it comes to using as a dashcam?

Finally, which is the best combination to get if I plan to use it as a dashcam?

Thanks in advance.

most people for dashcam use like the C2 version with super caps
So you mean the last one in my list?
Are you aware of the differences, just for my knowledge and how this one makes it superior over the others?

Hello folks,

I am checking buymobius.com and for their Mobius dashcam (one with 1080p), there seems to be various combinations of lens and battery/capacitor. Can anyone tell me how do they differ and whats the advantage of one over the other?

Few that I can find on their website,
- Wide Angle Mobius ActionCam 1080p HD Camera (Lens C2 / V3 / 820 mAh) - $77.99
- *Wide Angle Lens C2 Mobius Dash Camera Kit With Supercapacitor $95.99
- 90 Degree Mobius ActionCam 1080p Full HD Video Camera Standard Edition (V3 / Lens A90 / 820mAh) $75.97 (Is this outgoing model?)
- Mobius ActionCam 1080p Full HD Video Camera Standard Edition (V3 / Lens A / 820mAh) $75.99
- Wide Angle Lens Mobius Actioncam (V3 / C2 / Supercapacitor) $77.99

From this
- What is V3, version 3, firmware or something?
- What is the difference between Lens A, Lens A90 and Lens C2?
- What is the difference between battery and supercapacitor when it comes to using as a dashcam?

Finally, which is the best combination to get if I plan to use it as a dashcam?

Thanks in advance.
That is where I purchased my Mobius. Outstanding products and great seller.

Don't worry about firmware version, you can easily update to the latest when you receive the camera. I have two Mobius, normal A lens and wide angle C2 lens. I ran them together and compared the videos side by side. I much prefer the normal A lens as a front view dash cam as it captures more detail. I saw no advantage to the C2 lens although I may use it as a rear view camera. I bought a super cap but haven't installed it yet. It's probably best in a hot environment but won't allow the camera to run stand-alone on internal battery power which is convenient while experimenting with the camera.

None are bad choices. The B lens isn't listed but if you find one avoid it; it had issues as did some of the C lens version. The C2 is the improved wide-angle lens, the A lens has a narrower FOV but gives clearer vids. Look at posted vids to see the difference. V3 denotes a new lens mount; some people had heat-related focus issues with the V2 while many did not.

We had a fairly hot long summer here and my V2 battery version did OK but I've got super-caps to go into it next time I've got it out on my desk. One of the nice things about this cam is that you can change lens modules easily so if you don't like what you bought, you don't have to buy another cam to try something else. I prefer the wide-angle FOV in any dashcam as it captures more width and it's good enough to see what you need to.

Phil

I am checking buymobius.com and for their Mobius dashcam (one with 1080p), there seems to be various combinations of lens...

The current lenses are Standard (A) & Wide Angle (C2).

Both are good. The narrow FOV of the A lens makes images appear closer, so is liked for number plate recognition. The downside of narrow FoV is that there's reduced coverage in the event of a side impact.

The main advantage of the C2 lens is superior nighttime video quality. Here's a video comparing A & B (B is obsolete & C2 may be slightly better than B)...

B is at the bottom of the screen

Last edited:
Back