The downside of a wide angle lens

• Thread starter Deleted member 37895
  • Start date
I don't know what the laws are in your country, but here you do not yield to all cars on the right at a 4 way stop. I'm pretty sure that's how it works in the Netherlands too.

One car goes at a time.

One car goes at a time.

One car goes at a time.

The only reason you can even tell I didn't stop 100% is because of the dashcam video. In real life that's probably how you stop at every stop sign, and how we all stop at every stop sign. Rolling at 0.1mph doesn't mean another driver no longer has to stop at all when it's her turn to stop at the stop sign.

The other drive totally failed to stop, she drove through the stop sign rather than yielding to me when it was my turn.

Again....

One car goes at a time.

What is motivating you to post a lie about our laws?

What do you get out of this?

How do you gain from pretending that multiple cars can go through a 4 way stop?

Done with this forum and the insistence on trolling.

You claim to be a law enforcement officer in the State Of Texas yet you admit that you willfully broke the law by not coming to a full stop at the Stop sign. And then you suggest that nobody really comes to a full stop at stop signs and therefore this doubtful "theory" somehow makes it OK that you, a man alleging to be a police officer can get away with this infraction too. Amazing!

I do acknowledge that the other driver didn't stop adequately at the Stop sign but you still had an obligation to yield to traffic entering the intersection from the right. You are obligated to maintain situational awareness in regard to any vehicle entering the intersection (from any direction) even if they fail to stop as required. The law says nothing about it being "your turn" to enter the intersection. Waiting your "turn" is for grade school children at play time. Even assuming that it "was" somehow "your turn", it wasn't because the car to your right didn't stop that it was not yet "your turn". If the other car to your right didn't stop as required you still need to yield to it. It is quite clear in your video that you didn't even look to see if the car to your right had come to a stop and this, combined with the fact that you too failed to come to a full stop was a major contributing factor in your accident. You may have lucked out in how your insurance company is handling your claim but you are certainly not the aggrieved innocent victim you claim to be.

I don't know where you get the crazy idea that "you do not yield to all cars on the right at a 4 way stop" but that's the law in every state in the country, including Texas. There would be chaos and gridlock at each intersection unless there were rules of right-of-way. Kindly post a link to the part of the Texas motor vehicle traffic law that states that "you do not yield to all cars on the right at a 4 way stop". I'd find it amusing to see that but I don't expect that you would be able to do so, nor will you find any part of the traffic statutes that say it is OK to roll through a stop sign.

In fact, you should really take the time to read the Texas Driver's Handbook and familiarize yourself with the traffic laws your alleged career requires you to uphold. The laws are not open to your "interpretations". You either abide by the traffic laws or you break them.

TDH.jpg

Member @Bassie is exactly correct about how the right-of-way laws work. Why do you accuse anyone and everyone who doesn't happen to agree with your version of the events as lying or trolling. You seem to have posted this thread expecting everyone to be sympathetic to your perception that you are a complete "victim" in these circumstances but most of the posts question your innocence here and the events you describe and show in your video are more complex that you seem to believe them to be.

Last edited:
You claim to be a law enforcement officer in the State Of Texas yet you admit that you willfully broke the law by not coming to a full stop at the Stop sign. And then you suggest that nobody really comes to a full stop at stop signs and therefore this doubtful "theory" somehow makes it OK that you, a man alleging to be a police officer can get away with this infraction too. Amazing!

I do acknowledge that the other driver didn't stop adequately at the Stop sign but you still had an obligation to yield to traffic entering the intersection from the right. You are obligated to maintain situational awareness in regard to any vehicle entering the intersection (from any direction) even if they fail to stop as required. The law says nothing about it being "your turn" to enter the intersection. Waiting your "turn" is for grade school children at play time. Even assuming that it "was" somehow "your turn", it wasn't because the car to your right didn't stop that it was not yet "your turn". If the other car to your right didn't stop as required you still need to yield to it. It is quite clear in your video that you didn't even look to see if the car to your right had come to a stop and this, combined with the fact that you too failed to come to a full stop was a major contributing factor in your accident. You may have lucked out in how your insurance company is handling your claim but you are certainly not the aggrieved innocent victim you claim to be.

I don't know where you get the crazy idea that "you do not yield to all cars on the right at a 4 way stop" but that's the law in every state in the country, including Texas. There would be chaos and gridlock at each intersection unless there were rules of right-of-way. Kindly post a link to the part of the Texas motor vehicle traffic law that states that "you do not yield to all cars on the right at a 4 way stop". I'd find it amusing to see that but I don't expect that you would be able to do so, nor will you find any part of the traffic statutes that say it is OK to roll through a stop sign.

In fact, you should really take the time to read the Texas Driver's Handbook and familiarize yourself with the traffic laws your alleged career requires you to uphold. The laws are not open to your "interpretations". You either abide by the traffic laws or you break them.

View attachment 46004

Member @Bassie is exactly correct about how the right-of-way laws work. Why do you accuse anyone and everyone who doesn't happen to agree with your version of the events as lying or trolling. You seem to have posted this thread expecting everyone to be sympathetic to your perception that you are a complete "victim" in these circumstances but most of the posts question your innocence here and the events you describe and show in your video are more complex that you seem to believe them to be.

I am not a law enforcement officer and never said I was. I said I work in the field of law enforcement.

I don't know how I can explain this to you any more clearly. I had every right to go, as it was my turn after the Nissan SUV went. The Toyota was supposed to pull forward following the Nissan and then stop. That's how it works in Texas and every other state in the US. The Toyota was supposed to yield to me, as I was at the intersection before her. You yield to the vehicle that is there first. If two vehicles arrive at the same time, left yields to right. We were not there at the same time. The law says you yield to the vehicle that is already in the intersection, and I was driving through already at the point when she decided to not stop. She even stated that while she knew it was a 4 way stop, she didn't see me and didn't expect someone to be coming from the left.

You have a significant misunderstanding. You don't seem to understand that every driver is required to stop at the stop sign, rather than follow another vehicle through.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mods, please delete my account. I am done with this forum and the incessant trolling, from Dashmellow in particular. I can find no other way to request account deletion.

Mods, please delete my account. I am done with this forum and the incessant trolling, from Dashmellow in particular. I can find no other way to request account deletion.

OK, so you "work in the field of law enforcement". I believe most members, upon hearing such a statement would assume you are a LEO. I believe it's best to be more specific if you don't want people to reach the wrong conclusions when they hear a remark like that.

It's weird that you feel anyone who doesn't happen to agree with your version of the facts is "trolling" you. Indeed nobody here, including me, is trolling you, nor is anyone "posting lies about our laws" just because you are not happy that others mention the universal "right-of-way" statutes requiring you to yield to the driver on your right (even if they failed to stop at a stop sign). You are sounding rather paranoid actually.

As for your motor vehicle mishap, as I've said, I feel the video reveals a more complex story than the interpretation you provide wherein you see yourself as the sole victim. In my view, both parties share the blame for what happened because both of you were not paying adequate attention to traffic and both of you did not come to an adequate or legal stop at the sign.

You've been a member here for two years now so I'm sure you must be aware by now that to get @DashCamMan's attention you just need to tag him. Perhaps your professed desire to leave the forum is just for dramatic effect but assuming you are serious about wanting your account deleted, the usual way members do that is by sending a PM to DashCamMan with your request.

Last edited:
Oh, he's gone... 100% means that the other driver did absolutely nothing to contribute to the accident. She completely blew past the sign while he almost came to a 100% stop. He probably looked left-right and gassed it. I remember the driving manual stating left, right then left again before going. No one here is 100% at fault, they both are.

I think the driver at the right is most at fault, as they should have been able to avoid the accident. If you are looking left you don't see the car on the right. (I would watch that car at least until I was entering the intersection for 1 sec or so, but I am not sure I always do this)

I think the problem was the car before stopped in the cross walk, which isn't required. So the car at the right might have felt that where they were was close enough to be stopped at the stop sign. Still cars usually alternate in this situation, and while it was close I think that D was stopped before the other car was finished turning right, so it was D's turn.

Back