The driver never works on my Windows 7, 8 laptop or desktop computer

lilac

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I purchased a Dome G90 from gearbest

1) but the software driver disk never works. I am in US.

According to Driver disk file instruction, run the setup.bat - nothing happens.
According to the manual instruction, I can't find the Blackview.flyer on the enclosed disk.
According to the Chinese manual from the disk, no “cardv_r”or "CARDVC2" found on your disk either

I already tried to install Quicktimer 1st, still nothing happens but adding another videos player. So do I receive a wrong driver disk? as everywhere giving a different install instructions, nothing works so far.

2) The item was purchased 2014. Night vision is not that clear, color is not that natural, using windows player, Nero, quicktimer all are dark as compared to human vision ( not equivalent or closed to what human see at night ), not sure if any updated firmwares available to correct those issues.

There isn't much to do with that disk. Instead use this software:
http://www.registratorviewer.com/download_en.html
The dashcam is automatically seen as new drive (from where you can copy your files; which is better than removing every time the microsd. Of course it will be slower).

On Win8.1x64 I use K-Lite code pack and I have no problems. In generally I use VLC to play the files as, on my PC, it uses less CPU.

About the dark side, there are some solutions: one of them is to modify the brightness of your player.

Last edited:
Thanks for your info.

Regarding the dark side with Dome G90-7S for night, no matter how I adjust the brightness, still very disappointed, I mean not just comparing with G1W purchased from ebay estore009, even just no way compared to actual human vision.

The pros about G90-7s are really wide angle, 1296P, with GPS for $85.99, it is not bad.................... but shouldn't I just use this money or add more for getting a better night vision.

Can you upload two night samples (from G90 and G1W) ?

Try comparing the two cameras using the same location and the same moment of time. If you can upload two samples (1 min) on Dropbox, Copy, Mega, etc. it's even better.

Even though the night videos look dark, all they need is some processing and details show up.

I tried adjusting the videos contrast & brightness with Media Player, Quicktimer, even tried VLC player, Registrator Viewer etc, GS90-7s (background still dark, no way compared to human vision during night.

G1W was purchased from estore009 on ebay, was following dashcamtalk link to make the purchase. Now, just realized that it is not an original but a very possibly faked, no wonder the provided USB cable was defective & looked very cheap, the mem. can only recognize certain micro brands only, plus the estore009 link has been removed from dashcamtalk g1w article. Anyway, the faked??? G1W night background is very good, similar to human vision, but not as sharp as G90 both night & day.

I will try to video night with both G1W & GS90-7s (Ambarella A7LA70 chipset, 5.0MP CMOS image sensor) whenever I have chance, bot I really have times during day but not night, so I might not be able to do it until I really have chances.

Upload the G90 video in youtube and enhance the brightness etc...
I had the same issue after I upgraded firmware and it became much darker than before.
Sadly, THERE IS NO FIRMWARE TO ADJUST EXPOSURE ON DOME G90 NOR G95. :(

Thanks for the info, almost starting to update the firmware for G90, so should keep the orig. version.

Thanks for the info, almost starting to update the firmware for G90, so should keep the orig. version.
As long as you can download original version, you can always downgrade.
The firmware I had was very old and there was no download link for that so couldn't go back.

I have a Dome G90 - 7S GS90C purchased from Gearbest last year, VERSION: G90-ZX-A770-785-S-H, the night background is very dark,

1)not sure if the new firmware update will help to increase the night exposure?
2) Tried number of times, still unable to download the firmware to the camera, can you tell me how please..................

20150307 GS90C Ambarella A7LA70 with GPS -------------------- (Is it the latest?)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw8LfG-2RaLhQUlOQ3BOai00Ymc&authuser=0

The Google Drive update has "2" files, amboot_hal_kernel_romfs_dsp_re & firmware.bin, I can't pick just the firmware.bin only but hit the middle top download button, it is "1" file that has 19.3MB with windows logo & it is a rar file. I refomatted the micro SD with Dome camera, inserted the card into the computer, tried to open the windows logo file but unsuccessful, copied & paste the windows logo file to micro card, then inserted the micro into the camera, nothing happens??????

Can someone tell me exactly how to download & "open" the file from google drive all the way to the camera? Do I need both or just the firmware.bin file? if only firmware, how to pick just the firmware.bin file?

Thanks.

Back