The entire Crimean bridge, from Taman to Kerch.

Alex58

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Travel in 15 minutes to the Kerch coast of Crimea, bypassing the many-hour ferry crossing.
Shooting in the summer of last year, 2019. Accidentally saw the forgotten videos...

Last edited:
The guys would have been glad if that bridge was there back in the day coming that way to kick some Nazi butt in April / May 1944.

The guys would have been glad if that bridge was there back in the day coming that way to kick some Nazi butt in April / May 1944.
This bridge was planned for construction a long time ago, but too many objective and not very serious problems prevented this. And now a lot of "experts" predicted that it is simply impossible to build such a structure in this place. Nevertheless, the bridge is built, and people enjoy using it. Dreams, after all, come true!

We Danes set out to buold the worlds longest suspension bridge in the 90ties, well over a year later Japan started on a slightly longer one, and their bridge was done before our bridge, and their bridge was hit by a massive earthquake during building ( Kobe earthquake ) that actually made the bridge even longer.
And the Japanese bridge was build on time and to the price, our bridge was delayed and much over the estimated price. and i am the only one that's ashamed of things like that.

Failures are possible in any major business. The ability to solve problems-this is the real skill of design engineers. I hope that your bridge will be built in due time, and your engineers will be able to solve all the problems.
By the way, today our Crimean bridge is very effective in helping to fight the plans of the descendants of those same Nazis...

Last edited:
O yes the bridge are done, it was opened in 1997 i think it was, cost me my very good job working on the ferries that before the bridge connected those parts of Denmark.
I can not think of a single large construction project here that have been build on time and at the projected cost, they are always late and get much more expensive.
So many Danes are stupid and can not calculate, either way something is wrong here it seem to me.

The people i met in Odessa in 1990 was very nice, even if there was a revolution going on in the then Soviet union, i would like to visit again some day.
I had my birthday there in late August, port could not recive all the gasoline we had for it, so took many days to empty the Tanker ship MT Thorm Gunhild.

So many Danes are stupid and can not calculate, either way something is wrong here it seem to me.
I'm sorry, but all people can't be stupid. This doesn't happen! There may be different approaches to solving problems. Perhaps you had your own difficulties when building the bridge, I don't know, but they were solved and the bridge was built as a result. Apparently, there were some objective reasons for this at that time.

O yes the bridge are done, it was opened in 1997 i think it was, cost me my very good job working on the ferries that before the bridge connected those parts of Denmark.
I can not think of a single large construction project here that have been build on time and at the projected cost, they are always late and get much more expensive.

The people i met in Odessa in 1990 was very nice, even if there was a revolution going on in the then Soviet union, i would like to visit again some day.
I had my birthday there in late August, port could not recive all the gasoline we had for it, so took many days to empty the Tanker ship MT Thorm Gunhild.
Could it be that the delays, like here, are caused by radical environmental activists with their endless federal lawsuits?

O no we don't really have that here every one know its futile to sue anything public here, or that is :unsure: with the planned bridge / tunnel to Germany ( as people from the capitol area cant drive west on the E 20 motorway and then turn left when they hit Jutland )
Well on the German side there have been loads of protests, and i think its is why that bridge / tunnel have not started construction yet.

I think we Danes are stupid in voting for people that let stuff like this happen again and again, but its like when it is tax money its a free for all, even for people that don't live here like the ones that pulled 2 billion USD out of Denmark from claims of tax refunds on none existing sales of Danish shares.
The things that go on here, if Denmark was a private company the whole board and chairman would have been sacked and sued, and investors would be so angry.
Actually the country might be bankrupt by now,,,,,, as we have been a few times throughout history where pretty much the whole country was owned by private people in Germany.

wa also just threw around 500 million DDkr in the waste bin due to a NATO command project based on Raytheon stuff got cancelled, and of course we Danes spent tonnes of money on the project before it was really final.

Here in the US having government projects completed on time and within budget just does not happen :mad: It's good to know that not everyone else has such problems, which means there is still hope for humanity somewhere :)

Phil

Here in the US having government projects completed on time and within budget just does not happen :mad: It's good to know that not everyone else has such problems, which means there is still hope for humanity somewhere :)

Phil
Again, there can be problems everywhere. The reasons for problems can be both objective and far-fetched. Here it is very important to see how these problems are solved... specifically, all the problems with the Crimean bridge were solved, the work was carried out within the budget and the bridge itself was put into operation even earlier than planned.

There is a reason Denmark are buying F 35 A fighters, it too is behind schedule and over budget,,,,, seem like we like that. :)

Yes must focus on solutions not problems,,,,, but its so hard.

This bridge was planned for construction a long time ago, but too many objective and not very serious problems prevented this. And now a lot of "experts" predicted that it is simply impossible to build such a structure in this place. Nevertheless, the bridge is built, and people enjoy using it. Dreams, after all, come true!
I don't think that many experts said that it couldn't be built, the big issue is how long it will stand for!

We appear to be due an earthquake under the bridge fairly soon, and then we will find out if it is built to Japanese standards, or if the predictions of the "experts" come true...

There are of course a few issues with the bridge that result from the compromises made to enable it to be built, such as it not being tall enough for big ships to get under, and the speed limit of 20Km/h for the trains which seems to indicate some worry about its ability to stand up.

Does look quite good though:
1245337.jpg

There are of course a few issues with the bridge that result from the compromises made to enable it to be built, such as it not being tall enough for big ships to get under, and the speed limit of 20Km/h for the trains which seems to indicate some worry about its ability to stand up.
It is enough to look at the map of the depths of the sea of Azov to understand that no "big ships" can be discussed in principle. There and without the bridge supertankers and aircraft carriers did not pass... now the train speed is 20 km / h. The network now has many videos with trains moving across the bridge, which even the naked eye can see that the speed of trains is much higher than the specified one. And about earthquakes, again I will answer with a saying - "we will Wait and see".

Our bridge had to be tall, otherwise big ships can not get to Russian Baltic sea ports, just to mention some.
Back then in the 90ties when we made the great belt bridge, there was still the option to go between Denmark and Sweden at Copenhagen, but since then we have also build a bridge there, so now there is a height limitation for ships wanting to get into the Baltic sea 70 M tall is the biggest that will fit under our bridges.

Great belt bridge.
9e2980ba6cf360a9ecb455de6c86f8f7.jpg

Oresund bridge between Denmark and Sweden.
%C3%98resundsbroen%20er%20sp%C3%A6rret%20efter%20harmonikasammenst%C3%B8d

You won't get that cruise ship under the 30m Crimea Bridge, you won't even get a sailing ship!
And after a few meters of sea level rise even the small ships will have problems - have to plan for the future when building bridges.

You won't get that cruise ship under the 30m Crimea Bridge, you won't even get a sailing ship!
And after a few meters of sea level rise even the small ships will have problems - have to plan for the future when building bridges.
I have already tried to explain that in the sea of Azov large ships simply do not fit, it is too small for them, so no one expected a large height of the bridge. We didn't need this! From You again "highly likely"... it gets boring...

No i think as long as local fishermen and private sailors with their little sailboats can pass under everything will be fine.

I think if there is a problem for big ships at Azov sea it will be how deep they run, and that "problem" was there long before the bridge.
The MAX depth of the Azov sea are only 14 M average depth are just 7 M, so it have never been never will be a place for big ships,,,, big barges maybe but that's also it.

Back